GDT - Thursday, Jan 16 - Sabres @ Dallas - 8pm ET (WGR,MSG)

LTS

Oh, the good old hockey game
Is the best game you can name
And the best game you can name
Is the good old hockey game

99 Cup Finals, Game 6, Dallas at Buffalo

Well, Brett Hull's skate was in the crease
When he "scored" that No Goal
They stole the Cup and took it down
To that Big D Texas hole

They had their fill with that parade
While Sabres fans were filled with rage
But that's ok, 'cause Dallas has
No Stanley Cups since that day

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Just like the Bills this year, even getting our butts kicked by Washington would be an invaluable experience. 

I understand the limitations provided by the in season trade market but I am happy Jason is still reportedly trying hard to help out his team because they haven't given up on this season and he should be right there with them, while understanding their weaknesses and what they might need

I hope so. Last I heard the focus was on moving Rodrigues and Bogosian. This team is showing that Botterill owes it to them to help them if he can. He shouldn't pass up the opportunity like previously if one presents itself. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Yeah in this sport it's particularly "any given night" but we are something like 18-9-1 against teams below us in the standings the last 2 seasons, so I am hopeful. 

Sadly... it would appear most of those wins were during an early winning streak last year and then a hot start this year. The second half of this season, we need to beat both the bad teams and also the good teams that we still need to leapfrog.

Edited by DarthEbriate

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

He's quickly moving up on my favorites list

With Lazar playing well (don't look now, but 4 points in the last 3 games, and an inch away from another goal tonight) and Frolik on the PK...  Asplund could go back down to help ROC when Skinner and Olofsson return. Barring additional injuries. I am an Asplund fan, but he could use more seasoning and Lazar/Frolik play his role.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.