GDT - Thursday, Jan 16 - Sabres @ Dallas - 8pm ET (WGR,MSG)

LTS

2 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Bell curve. ?

I’m waiting for the bottom to drop out. Hard. Hope hope hope that doesn’t happen of course.

I dunno, I think that's like saying you're waiting for the bottom on Eichel to drop out. Eichel is at a certain level and won't come back down. Linus has looked solid and good every time I've tuned in. He looks like he's reached that competent starter level and, sure, might vary, but I don't see him going down like Hutton for a while.

7 minutes ago, Curt said:

It was all a joke really.  People call Sam a passenger and say he picks up all these garbage assists off of Eichel.  This was an example of Eichel picking up a point off a great play by Sam (and Vesey).  Just playing off of that. 

Agree, but Jack actually made a nice play to get it to Sam, just like Sam actually made a nice play on Jack's highlight reel goal. 

How fun is it going to be to watch this dynamic due in the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Kind of surprised they allow the Stars to have the top of the boards painted green. I would have thought that would be an NHL-mandated color.

Pretty sure there's a couple of other rinks that use random colors for the top of the dashers.  They did mandate the bottom of the dashers have to be yellow.

12 minutes ago, Curt said:

It was all a joke really.  People call Sam a passenger and say he picks up all these garbage assists off of Eichel.  This was an example of Eichel picking up a point off a great play by Sam (and Vesey).  Just playing off of that. 

I dont see it that way.  Eichel intercepted the pass and one timed a feed to Sam all alone in front.  A true sniper would've buried right there, but nooooooo, Sam has to attempt a wacky behind the back dish to Vesey becauee he can't bury it himself... probably woulda fell down if tried to shoot.

2 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

I dont see it that way.  Eichel intercepted the pass and one timed a feed to Sam all alone in front.  A true sniper would've buried right there, but nooooooo, Sam has to attempt a wacky behind the back dish to Vesey becauee he can't bury it himself... probably woulda fell down if tried to shoot.

Agreed.  The hangover you are still suffering from proves it.

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Pretty sure there's a couple of other rinks that use random colors for the top of the dashers.  They did mandate the bottom of the dashers have to be yellow.

Right on cue they show Mike Foligno score a goal in Minny and the top of the boards were green.

12 minutes ago, ... said:

I dunno, I think that's like saying you're waiting for the bottom on Eichel to drop out. Eichel is at a certain level and won't come back down. Linus has looked solid and good every time I've tuned in. He looks like he's reached that competent starter level and, sure, might vary, but I don't see him going down like Hutton for a while.

The last 2 or 3 starts for Linus, he's been letting that overskating the slide across the crease back into his game.  Pretty sure Bales was working with him the last practice as his movement has been almost Hutton-like (in a good way) except for 1 rush and that 1 it seemed he got slightly off-balance as an expected shot never came.

Very pleased with his play through 1.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.