Sabres in Syracuse

Sabres4LIFE

I have time warner because I live in the syracuse area. I read that they are going to be on MSG, but I didn't know if they would be broadcasted this far out? Does anyone know? I looked on the TV guide for tomorrow on MSG and it didn't say the game was on, please someone tell me they are on!!!

I also live in the Syracuse area (which from what I hear will be included in the broadcast area for the Sabres throughout the year on MSG). However, it's not listed in the guide as being on tonight. But then again, I checked the Rochester listings (where I live outside of SU), and it was not listed either. Rochester is 100% getting the game, as is Buffalo, so I think it may just not be listed at all. I am hoping the MSG guide is the same across New York and has not been updated for our Western NY special exception yet.

Here's to hoping they are on TV tonight and that I can listen to RJ for the first time in what feels like years and years (damn WGR for not having Internet audio).

Guest liquoredb

i also have directtv, and no someone with time warner, and both "Guides" say that the Mets will be on instead of the sabres, so heres hoping they havent updated the guide and the sabres will be on for the first time!!!

I also live in the Syracuse area (which from what I hear will be included in the broadcast area for the Sabres throughout the year on MSG). However, it's not listed in the guide as being on tonight. But then again, I checked the Rochester listings (where I live outside of SU), and it was not listed either. Rochester is 100% getting the game, as is Buffalo, so I think it may just not be listed at all. I am hoping the MSG guide is the same across New York and has not been updated for our Western NY special exception yet.

Here's to hoping they are on TV tonight and that I can listen to RJ for the first time in what feels like years and years (damn WGR for not having Internet audio).

Alright, here is the deal with the Sabres television. I emailed MSG, and they sent me back a listing for all the games. The Syracuse market is considered zone 2, whereas Rochester and Buffalo are zone 1.

The game tonight will be on MSG in Buffalo and Rochester. It will be on in Syracuse tonight on FSNY.

Sryacuse will get all the same games, but half will be on FSNY and the other half will be on MSG.

The OLN games and the games with no television coverage will be the same.

MSG sent me an Excel file if anyone wants me to email it with them with all the correct listins, blackout codes, etc.

As for DirectTV, I don't know how it works. Sorry.

Alright, here is the deal with the Sabres television.  I emailed MSG, and they sent me back a listing for all the games.  The Syracuse market is considered zone 2, whereas Rochester and Buffalo are zone 1.

The game tonight will be on MSG in Buffalo and Rochester.  It will be on in Syracuse tonight on FSNY.

Sryacuse will get all the same games, but half will be on FSNY and the other half will be on MSG.

The OLN games and the games with no television coverage will be the same.

MSG sent me an Excel file if anyone wants me to email it with them with all the correct listins, blackout codes, etc.

As for DirectTV, I don't know how it works.  Sorry.

I have DirecTV and am considered the Rochester market. There's a muts game on MSG and an Isles rah rah show on FSNY. The game is not listed in the D&C, so I am assuming the game is not being shown on cable in Rochester either.

My question is: is anybody in Rochester, Buffalo, or Syracuse able to see this game? Please post if it IS on & where you are watching it.

Thanks,

Dave.

I have DirecTV and am considered the Rochester market. There's a muts game on MSG and an Isles rah rah show on FSNY. The game is not listed in the D&C, so I am assuming the game is not being shown on cable in Rochester either.

My question is: is anybody in Rochester, Buffalo, or Syracuse able to see this game? Please post if it IS on & where you are watching it.

Thanks,

Dave.

I'm currently watching it on FSNY in Syracuse (Time Warner digital cable).

If anyone has info on MSG and DirecTV for the Buffalo area, please help. As far as I know, there is a deal with Dish and MSG to carry the games, but nothing for DirecTV.

Since the game was supposed to be broadcast on MSG in Rochester and I know it was being broadcast on MSG in Buffalo on cable, and I was not getting the game here in Rachacha; I called up DirecTV to find out what was going on.

Basically, the woman I spoke to, could not find any information at all about the Sabres games on MSG on DirecTV. She said that someone would call me back in the next few days if they could get any information for me. My fear right now is that although I have Center Ice, the Sabres game won't be shown on Center Ice because it "is being broadcast locally" on MSG; but because I have DirecTV instead of cable, I won't have the right MSG feed and will not be able to see the game. I am assuming that the probability of that is low but unfortunately I have not been able to rule it out yet.

I checked DirecTV's internet schedule for both Rochester and Buffalo and, as Larry posted, the Isles - Sabres game is listed for the 5th; but no Sabres post game is listed and the pregame show is "Islanders game night". On Oct 7, there is a 2-1/2 hour "To Be Announced" listed, but it starts at 7:30 and the Sabres game starts at 8:00. I don't know what time the Devils-Philly game is on. On Oct 8, there is a 3 hour window at 8:00 which is the right time but all 3 metro teams are playing that night as well.

DirecTV's schedule doesn't have any Center Ice game listings yet; that is part of the reason the lady couldn't help me figure out what's going on.

So am I just being paranoid, or are the evil Flyers (and Rangers) (via their possibly evil parent entities ComCast and MSG) screwing me over again; just like the phantom goal through the side of the net in 2000?

If DirecTV does get back to me with more information, I will post it. If anyone else hears, please do the same.

Thanks,

Dave.

We over at SabreFans have been following this, and here is the response DirecTV has given us.

DirecTV is not planning on carrying the sabres IN ANY MARKET, including buffalo. They don't care.

Dish Network is working on a deal, but they did show tonights game, so it looks like they will show them.

Adelphia is showing the games.

Time Warner Is showing the games.

DirecTV fully intends to screw buffalo fans all over upstate NY so get on the phone folks.. Let them know if they don't fix this they will lose alot of subscribers. If we don't launch hundreds of complaints NOW..... all is lost.

We over at SabreFans have been following this, and here is the response DirecTV has given us.

DirecTV is not planning on carrying the sabres IN ANY MARKET, including buffalo.  They don't care.

Dish Network is working on a deal, but they did show tonights game, so it looks like they will show them.

Adelphia is showing the games.

Time Warner Is showing the games.

DirecTV fully intends to screw buffalo fans all over upstate NY so get on the phone folks..  Let them know if they don't fix this they will lose alot of subscribers.  If we don't launch hundreds of complaints NOW..... all is lost.

I did tell the lady I was speaking to that exact same thing, almost verbatim.

As it sounds like you have had a lot more contact with DirecTV on this issue, do you know if this is due to Comcast playing hardball over rights fees (because they now have the national cable (and I assume satellite) rights to the NHL) or some other reason?

When it was announced that Comcast had the cable rights, a lot of posters on this board wrote that Comcast considered the satellite providers to be akin to satan (the horned one with the tail, not the guy wearing 81 for the Isles) and was in the process of removing its sportschannels off satellite (at a minimum in their "local" markets). DirecTV still isn't advertising Center Ice on-screen and the info about it is buried on their website. I did receive a notice in the mail that my CI package was renewed, but that is about all I have gotten so far. I'm wondering if this year's CI will be watered down as well or if they still haven't finalized an agreement with Comcast / NHL, because last time around CI was being advertised almost from when I signed up w/ DirecTV in August.

Dave.

Guest Guest_PaSabresFan

I E-mailed MSG to see if the Sabres games were going to be shown at all here (PA_Allentown-60 miles North of Philly) and the response was that only on Center-Ice package. Good luck to you all in the Buffalo area.

This is basically a repost of what I put on the MSG Sucks thread, so apologies to anyone who reads it twice.

I called the Sabres this morning to ask about their games being shown on DirecTV. I was told that the Sabres have a contract w/ MSG and that MSG and DirecTV are currently negotiating to show them on DirecTV. The Sabres did not know when or if a deal would be done, but were hopeful something could be worked out before the season started.

For whatever it's worth.

Dave.

Archived