Gerald Gallant Fired by Vegas

Brawndo

5 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I'm not following them closely, but they continue to have elite underlying metrics, and the surface ones show that they're 3 points behind the 1 seed in their division. 

This is pretty weird then?

It makes no sense. The only issue that team has is their defense is going to screw them and they don't have a good goalie prospect in their pipeline (IMPO). Firing Gallant doesn't really help those issues. 

• Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

lol

Definitely his fault that his GM traded away defenders and did nothing to replace them. 

9 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I'm not following them closely, but they continue to have elite underlying metrics, and the surface ones show that they're 3 points behind the 1 seed in their division. 

This is pretty weird then?

Something else must have happened because yeah, there's no reason to fire Gallant for his performance there.

Edited by WildCard
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

It makes no sense. The only issue that team has is their defense is going to screw them and they don't have a good goalie prospect in their pipeline (IMPO). Firing Gallant doesn't really help those issues. 

10 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Something else must have happened because yeah, there's no reason to fire Gallant for his performance there.

I'm wondering if it's a continuation of the stuff coming out that got Peters and Babcock slapped around

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I don’t buy that.... if Vegas killed the Sabres 5-0, I bet he would still have a job this morning. Granted, his firing may have been semi imminent, but if they won convincingly, Gallant would have another game at the very least. The firing in general is rather premature in my opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

I don’t buy that.... if Vegas killed the Sabres 5-0, I bet he would still have a job this morning. Granted, his firing may have been semi imminent, but if they won convincingly, Gallant would have another game at the very least. The firing in general is rather premature in my opinion.

There's no reason to fire him or the GM for their performance though so why would a win/loss dictate that? They must have done something or ticked off ownership somehow

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

I dunno, it seems to point to the speculation there are non-hockey reasons for the move. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.