Tage Thompson undergoes Shoulder Surgery Out 5-6 Months

Brawndo

I fell on the ice shoveling my steps last Thursday and ***** up my left shoulder. I gave it a few days to just to see how it felt(like *****)....Called the orthopedic and got in for a visit on Monday. Scheduled for MRI tomorrow....I’m guessing if it took this long for surgery for Tage then he must have been reluctant to have it done. I’m on old dude that has had this happen to the other shoulder so I know the score and am pressuring all the pros to get me in and done ASAP. There are a lot of emotions involved in a decision like this so I can’t blame the kid for being reluctant...

As for the notion that this will ruin his career....hogwash....I’ll have had both shoulders done before long but I’ll bounce back and still be able to kick anybody’s ass...and I’m an old dude that doesn’t have a pro sports team’s resources behind me...Tage will be fine.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

I tore my labrum almost 25 years ago.  Still havent had it fixed, mostly because I've never had a time period where I could do without using my right arm for the amount of time required for it to heal properly post surgery.

I struggle to put a shirt on right now but on the job I’m expected to perform feats of heroism. I don’t have a choice... 

9 hours ago, Ogre said:

I fell on the ice shoveling my steps last Thursday and ***** up my left shoulder. I gave it a few days to just to see how it felt(like *****)....Called the orthopedic and got in for a visit on Monday. Scheduled for MRI tomorrow....I’m guessing if it took this long for surgery for Tage then he must have been reluctant to have it done. I’m on old dude that has had this happen to the other shoulder so I know the score and am pressuring all the pros to get me in and done ASAP. There are a lot of emotions involved in a decision like this so I can’t blame the kid for being reluctant...

As for the notion that this will ruin his career....hogwash....I’ll have had both shoulders done before long but I’ll bounce back and still be able to kick anybody’s ass...and I’m an old dude that doesn’t have a pro sports team’s resources behind me...Tage will be fine.

I hurt mine in a hockey game around 10 years ago.  The first true sign of trouble was after the game when I couldn't lift my beer.  There's nothing more scary than not being able to drink your own beer... and I'm not one of those fancy people who will use their left hand instead.

3 minutes ago, shrader said:

I hurt mine in a hockey game around 10 years ago.  The first true sign of trouble was after the game when I couldn't lift my beer.  There's nothing more scary than not being able to drink your own beer... and I'm not one of those fancy people who will use their left hand instead.

Fancy?! There was a time didnt care which hand my beer was in, only that I could lift without doing a face plant.. 

I had my labrum fixed a few years back, and it royally sucked. But I made a full recovery, and I wasn't exactly getting the rehab that Tage will get. There's no reason to think this will have any meaningful effect on his career. I'll be surprised if he's ever a useful NHL player, but it won't be because of the shoulder. 

2 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I had my labrum fixed a few years back, and it royally sucked. But I made a full recovery, and I wasn't exactly getting the rehab that Tage will get. There's no reason to think this will have any meaningful effect on his career. I'll be surprised if he's ever a useful NHL player, but it won't be because of the shoulder. 

He was marginal at best and being out for a year only makes it that much tougher for him to get another chance. The NHL will move on from him.

21 hours ago, etiennep99 said:

Buffalo has done some real doozies of bad trades. 

How about this one:

Andreychuck + Puppa + #1(#12-Kenny Jonsson) --> Toronto for Grant Fuhr

Then later:

Grant Fuhr + Philippe Boucher + Denis Tsyguov --> to LA for  Huddy, Stauber, Zhitnick, & blown 5th round pick.

So, in summation it is:

Andreycheck(1LW))(HOF) + Puppa(1G) + Jonsson(1D) + Boucher (1D) +Tsygurov(7D) --->Huddy(4D), Stauber(3G), Zhitnick(1D)

Really, it is a bunch of great guys for one very good d-man in Zhitnick.

Real Cloutier trade was another stinker:

McKegney + JF Sauve + Savard --> Cloutier(party boy bum who was kicked off team by Bowman 1 year later) + Creighton(3C/2C)Giraffe

Creighton was later traded to Chicago for an over-the-hill Rick Vaive(1RW)

Creighton was not a giraffe...he was the Condor (due to his wing span).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.