GDT - Tuesday, January 14th - Vegas Golden Knights @ Buffalo Sabres, 7pm ET (WGR/MSG)

LTS

4 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

The problem with Reinhart is that he is incapable of driving his own line and just doesn't do enough to warrant the big $ he is going to get with the next K.  That (as it turns out) throws the entire lineup off kilter...as he should be the 2C we desperately need.  If he was there, lots of other pieces that don't fit suddenly do, and it would allow Skinner (when healthy, obviously) to play with Jack, where he naturally belongs IMO.

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Totally agree. 

He will want more than he is worth for sure. With Skinner already overpaid, JBot could end up wasting a lot of our cap room too easily on Reinhart and also Montour. Neither is horrible, but neither is worth what they'll want either.

What exactly do you guys think his next contract is going to be??

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Good game. Good effort. Nice to see. Jack's goal was what Jack can do and he flips a close game. 

lol. I knew somebody would say something like that. My biggest critique of Reinhart has always been that he was inadequate in that role of front of the net screen the goalie guy and it's being proven right. Risto is getting more comfortable in the role and is much better at it, and Reinhart is much better in that outside mixed role he has now. He can shoot or pass, make a quick decision, it's a much better role for his skill set. He's always had a good hockey IQ and has a good sense of the ice and where people are, he's just not tough enough or feisty enough for the in tight role. 

Vegas doesn't seem as good as they were last year but idk, I don't see them very often. We played them even most of the game and outplayed them at times so we got the good result. Well done. Keep it going. 

How can he be bad in front of the net while also being by far our best player at deflections and tip-ins? 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

The problem with Reinhart is that he is incapable of driving his own line and just doesn't do enough to warrant the big $ he is going to get with the next K.  That (as it turns out) throws the entire lineup off kilter...as he should be the 2C we desperately need.  If he was there, lots of other pieces that don't fit suddenly do, and it would allow Skinner (when healthy, obviously) to play with Jack, where he naturally belongs IMO.

Reinhart is NOT good at center.  He has been tried there several times throughout his career and he does not do well. Paul Hamilton has brought this up several times on WGR on his spots also.  He is a winger in the NHL, plain and simple.  You can't force a player to fit into a role that he doesn't do well at when there is another role he does much better at.

Yeah, ideally he WOULD be a 2C for us but he IS NOT AND NEVER WILL BE a 2C in this league.  He is a good complimentary scoring winger on a top line and that is valuable in itself too. I mean I'd rather be paying Reinhart $7 million a year than Okposo...work out a deal where you can dump Okposo's contract on Seattle no matter what you have to give up and pay Reinhart.

Edited by matter2003

I love the human female form as much as the next hetero fella, but ... c'mon. Our fearless leader made a respectful request to refrain from posting the content (and even provided legit reasons). That oughta end it. 

The content is also, and I'll say it, not that interesting and/or amusing, as being presented and discussed.

49 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I love the human female form as much as the next hetero fella, but ... c'mon. Our fearless leader made a respectful request to refrain from posting the content (and even provided legit reasons). That oughta end it. 

The content is also, and I'll say it, not that interesting and/or amusing, as being presented and discussed.

Well, I think YMMV on the last sentence, but the bolded is absolutely right.

No more jiggly GIFs please.

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Here's my question: what part of NSFW did they not understand?

13 hours ago, SDS said:

2. Google - our overlords who actually fund the server, gets ticked (and I get nastygrams) when they detect what they determine are sexually explicit images on pages that have Adsense ads.

Ah, the irony.  The Google Adsense ad on the front of Sabrespace when I visited just now is an ad for swimwear for large-breasted women, and while there's no jiggling, it's not entirely tame.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Well, I think YMMV on the last sentence, but the bolded is absolutely right.

No more jiggly GIFs please.

jiggle smile GIF

Sorry just skimmed the thread.. did I miss something?  Is it that they use horses?  (Yeah.. just bein' snarky) ?

Good game though eh?  Didn't see any of it.. sigh.

Edited by LTS
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Curt said:

What exactly do you guys think his next contract is going to be??

I have no idea, but I think he will want 8+, I think JBot will give him 7+, but I'm not sure I even want to give him 6.   More importantly I am reluctant to give him a no trade clause and/or long term. 

I wouldn't give anyone term without a consistent work ethic, and I don't see that in him to say the least. 

8 hours ago, #freejame said:

How can he be bad in front of the net while also being by far our best player at deflections and tip-ins? 

because we as a team are terrible in front of the net. His stuff comes from off to the sides mostly. He isn't blocking the goalie's view enough and digging at the loose pucks. Won't take the hits. That's what I'm talking about. Risto has that big body right in front and you see the goalies craning their necks trying to see around him, the D has to move in more which gives Reinhart, Jack and/or Johanson more room to make a play and now that Risto is learning to move around a little more in tight the PP is starting to work again. Sam gets lots of tips because of Jack, but if he was actually good at it, he'd be a 40 goal scorer and not a 20 goal scorer. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.