GDT - Tuesday, January 14th - Vegas Golden Knights @ Buffalo Sabres, 7pm ET (WGR/MSG)

LTS

Just a note about the images… A couple things for the future:

1. people read the stuff at work and some of those were NSFW.

2. Google - our overlords who actually fund the server, gets ticked (and I get nastygrams) when they detect what they determine are sexually explicit images on pages that have Adsense ads.

So, I’m hoping to avoid this in future topics. Thanks. 

• Like (+1) 1

Good game. Good effort. Nice to see. Jack's goal was what Jack can do and he flips a close game. 

10 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I see Reinhart was garbage again. They can't trade him soon enough. 

lol. I knew somebody would say something like that. My biggest critique of Reinhart has always been that he was inadequate in that role of front of the net screen the goalie guy and it's being proven right. Risto is getting more comfortable in the role and is much better at it, and Reinhart is much better in that outside mixed role he has now. He can shoot or pass, make a quick decision, it's a much better role for his skill set. He's always had a good hockey IQ and has a good sense of the ice and where people are, he's just not tough enough or feisty enough for the in tight role. 

Vegas doesn't seem as good as they were last year but idk, I don't see them very often. We played them even most of the game and outplayed them at times so we got the good result. Well done. Keep it going. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

passenger assist for samhart

You should watch it again.  He made a great pass to hit Eichel in stride as he entered the neutral zone, springing the 2 on 1.  He doesn’t get credit for Jack’s brilliance, but he did have a direct impact on that play.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Ullmark or an empty net all game. Hutton should not even be an option any more. 

Sorry I'm late. I had to get some sleep before hitting the road tonight.

IF we become buyers and not sellers, who could we unload Hutton to?

3 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

That was actually a very entertaining period, , what are the chances they can keep this up?

I disagree. I find Vegas hockey dreadfully boring.

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

Miller you idiot

He was right, though. That was not tripping.

2 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Rob Ray reading stats is like someone reading the ingredients of spaghetti sauce 

This is just ***** funny.

40 minutes ago, SDS said:

2. Google - our overlords who actually fund the server, gets ticked (and I get nastygrams) when they detect what they determine are sexually explicit images on pages that have Adsense ads.

But,… we won.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

good.

he owes me bottle of wihskey

Funny you say that.... as soon as the game was over I downed a shot of Buffalo Trace...

43 minutes ago, SDS said:

jersey shore boobies GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Carmel Corn said:

With all these distractions, it is hard to keep abreast of the latest developments in tonight's game.

It was mostly a spirited campaign from the good guys! A lot of tit-for-tat on the ice. Players hootering and hollering from the bench. Some of the team's biggest busts even made contributions. A few came out flat. A few others played like deers caught in headlights. But overall, a great game! I have no idea who won, though.

• Haha (+1) 4

56 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Name one NHL team that would want him.  Even for free.

I know. That's the part that I dread. RK is basically going to tell Ullmark to stand on his head for the rest of the season.

Now we know why the Blues got rid of him. ?

Edited by Crosschecking
addendum

1 hour ago, SDS said:

Oops...

I know it wasn't me. My wife would hang me out to dry.

4 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Pilut completely  overpowered by Patcheroitty 

and everyone else. 

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

Name one NHL team that would want him.  Even for free.

Only chance would be a tank team that trades their goalie for some futures package and needs a body to fill out the season. Very unlikely though. 

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Good game. Good effort. Nice to see. Jack's goal was what Jack can do and he flips a close game. 

lol. I knew somebody would say something like that. My biggest critique of Reinhart has always been that he was inadequate in that role of front of the net screen the goalie guy and it's being proven right. Risto is getting more comfortable in the role and is much better at it, and Reinhart is much better in that outside mixed role he has now. He can shoot or pass, make a quick decision, it's a much better role for his skill set. He's always had a good hockey IQ and has a good sense of the ice and where people are, he's just not tough enough or feisty enough for the in tight role. 

Vegas doesn't seem as good as they were last year but idk, I don't see them very often. We played them even most of the game and outplayed them at times so we got the good result. Well done. Keep it going. 

The problem with Reinhart is that he is incapable of driving his own line and just doesn't do enough to warrant the big $ he is going to get with the next K.  That (as it turns out) throws the entire lineup off kilter...as he should be the 2C we desperately need.  If he was there, lots of other pieces that don't fit suddenly do, and it would allow Skinner (when healthy, obviously) to play with Jack, where he naturally belongs IMO.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I see Reinhart was garbage again. They can't trade him soon enough. I hear Bonino is available. 

Along with his 3 points he had at least 8 turnovers and fell down 4 times.   

That said, if this version of Reinhart would make an appearance once every 4 or 5 games, I'd be ok with him getting +$6m/yr.

2 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

The problem with Reinhart is that he is incapable of driving his own line and just doesn't do enough to warrant the big $ he is going to get with the next K.  That (as it turns out) throws the entire lineup off kilter...as he should be the 2C we desperately need.  If he was there, lots of other pieces that don't fit suddenly do, and it would allow Skinner (when healthy, obviously) to play with Jack, where he naturally belongs IMO.

Totally agree. 

He will want more than he is worth for sure. With Skinner already overpaid, JBot could end up wasting a lot of our cap room too easily on Reinhart and also Montour. Neither is horrible, but neither is worth what they'll want either.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Curt said:

You should watch it again.  He made a great pass to hit Eichel in stride as he entered the neutral zone, springing the 2 on 1.  He doesn’t get credit for Jack’s brilliance, but he did have a direct impact on that play.

pffttt he made a 10ft area pass on a breakout every peewee player and up should be capable of making.

So, basically in a 15 day span we saw the best goal of '19 and the best goal of '20.

Nice work Mr. Eichel.

And the rest of the crew earned this as well.  

Really not certain why people expect losses at home.  They're really good there provided they aren't playing Tampa or the B's or, even worse, starting Hutton.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

Reinhart doesn't keep Eichel and Skinner apart.  Olofsson is the object of your (misguided IMHO) frustration.

Reinhart is a legit top line RW.  Really don't understand why people get frustrated about that.  It's actually a good thing. 

2 hours ago, SDS said:

this makes me sad

This is probably not the right place for this comment, but have seen several mentions about how Botterill's teams haven't exceeded the records of the Murray teams (yet).  One thing that isn't mentioned in those results is that for the 1st time in 8 or so years the Sabres actually face the other team's #1 goalie nearly every night.  How many more points would this team have if they got the scrub most nights rather than the Binningtons and Fleurys?

That 81 point Bylsma team faced backups a LOT.

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.