GDT - Tuesday, January 14th - Vegas Golden Knights @ Buffalo Sabres, 7pm ET (WGR/MSG)

LTS

1 hour ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Ullmark or an empty net all game. Hutton should not even be an option any more. 

Carter Hutton has reached Patrick Lalime status where he is virtually unstartable.

Sabres need to cut bait take the hit and move on. Hutton is playing a significant role in costing this team a chance at a WC

• Like (+1) 1

If I'm not mistaken Vegas is on a small losing streak so will this be just like the Vancouver game? Hope not.

Zemgus with Eichel I mean sure, why not, try everything, but I do think the lack of continuity (coaching desperation) is a problem for this team yet again. This was my biggest critique of Housley, and it's no better this year. No wonder we pass so poorly. I will be surprised if team softness is not one of the topics of discussion later tonight. 

6 minutes ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

Carter Hutton has reached Patrick Lalime status where he is virtually unstartable.

Sabres need to cut bait take the hit and move on. Hutton is playing a significant role in costing this team a chance at a WC

Ugh, that 2008/2009 season was brutal. The Sabres had 41 wins, were +16 in goal differential, and hit 91 points in the standings. They were a playoff team with merely BAD backup goaltending. But Lalime gave them just 5 wins in 21 starts. If that was only 6 or 7 wins in 21 starts, they were a playoff team. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Ugh, that 2008/2009 season was brutal. The Sabres had 41 wins, were +16 in goal differential, and hit 91 points in the standings. They were a playoff team with merely BAD backup goaltending. But Lalime gave them just 5 wins in 21 starts. If that was only 6 or 7 wins in 21 starts, they were a playoff team. 

Agreed, Lalime was horrendous and had another year where he went 0-5 as a backup if I recall

26 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Zemgus with Eichel I mean sure, why not, try everything, but I do think the lack of continuity (coaching desperation) is a problem for this team yet again. This was my biggest critique of Housley, and it's no better this year. No wonder we pass so poorly. I will be surprised if team softness is not one of the topics of discussion later tonight. 

The only reason for this "lack of continuity" is injuries.  Krueger was almost fanatical about keeping lines together before the injury bug hit.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

The only reason for this "lack of continuity" is injuries.  Krueger was almost fanatical about keeping lines together before the injury bug hit.

Fanatical.  To the point of being inflexible.  But every coach has their methods (or processes in the Bills case).

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

I was just in Webmens and they had a Sabres shirt with 40 Hutton on it. I bet that isn’t selling too well! 

46 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I was just in Webmens and they had a Sabres shirt with 40 Hutton on it. I bet that isn’t selling too well! 

Probably better than the "BILLS PLAYOFFS - ALL THE WAY THIS TIME" hoodies I saw at the front of the store over the holidays?

which are probably selling better than the "Sabres Playoffs - Dear god, just a sniff to be even close to qualifying" onesies that exist in my head.

Edited by Mustache of God
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

Not with D pairings, which is even more important. The Buffalo News thing posted mentions this as well. Lack of communication and playing with a regular partner. We actually don't have all that many injuries (compared to most teams). It just seems like a lot because we have such lousy depth.

11 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Not with D pairings, which is even more important. The Buffalo News thing posted mentions this as well. Lack of communication and playing with a regular partner. We actually don't have all that many injuries (compared to most teams). It just seems like a lot because we have such lousy depth.

He had to manage 10 D-men for 6 spots for most of the year.   Injuries to Dahlin, Bogo, Scandella and Jake.    He's also been told (my assumption, no insight) to showcase certain players for trades.  And also has to keep ego's in check.    So he's kind of got some excuses.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

Are you certain the average Buffalo sports fan could name any more than 5 Sabres?

How many pins can fit on the head of an angel?

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

The more I learn about what this metric actually shows, the less weight it carries for me.  I know the intent of what it's trying to measure, but I don't think it really measures that.

You're kidding.

1 hour ago, Broken Ankles said:

He had to manage 10 D-men for 6 spots for most of the year.   Injuries to Dahlin, Bogo, Scandella and Jake.    He's also been told (my assumption, no insight) to showcase certain players for trades.  And also has to keep ego's in check.    So he's kind of got some excuses.  

This may very well be true, but it's not how you build a team and win hockey games. I don't fault Krueger I fault JBot. Obviously Jokiharju was an unexpected surprise, but when it was obvious he was a starter one of the vets should have been moved out right away, and the top 2 pairings should have been set. McCabe's failure to solidify a valid top 4 spot is part of the problem I think. He's been a huge disappointment imo. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.