GDT - Tuesday, January 14th - Vegas Golden Knights @ Buffalo Sabres, 7pm ET (WGR/MSG)

LTS

50 minutes ago, LTS said:

Uhhh.. thanks?

A few things here:

I don't hate this. Girgensons has the speed and can dig the corners.  They've been using Eichel as the high forechecker in the zone because he can close the distance quickly on the breakout pass and his longer stick improves his ability to cause a turnover.  He also has the speed to skate up the ice with Eichel.

Also, if he shows well up there he might have increased trade value.

Also, you only have so many resources at the moment, why not try it.  If you are stocked with bottom 6 players, why not get one of those bottom 6 up to the top if they have a chance to produce?

I still don't like the Johansson line.  I don't know about Sheary on that line.  I think I'd prefer Vesey.  I think Sheary Asplund Rodrigues is fine.

Plus, this.

• Like (+1) 2

cut.jpg

The Sabres host the Vegas Golden Knights tonight at KeyBank Center. Faceoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. 

This is the first of two meetings between the Sabres and Golden Knights this season.

• Last meeting: Vegas defeated Buffalo 4-1 in Las Vegas on Oct. 16, 2018
  • Next meeting: Friday, Feb. 28 in Las Vegas
  • This is the fifth game all-time between Buffalo and Vegas; Buffalo has a 1-1-2 series record.
  • Buffalo is 6-3-3 against the Pacific Division this season, including a 3-1-2 record against the division at KeyBank Center.
  • The Sabres have gone 4-for-11 (36.4%) on the power play in their last four games, tying for the second-best mark in the league during that stretch entering play Monday.
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Rasmus Dahlin currently has 5 points in 4 games. He is on pace for 44 assists and roughly 4 goals this season in 70 games. 

Needs to still get stronger and learn how to score from blue line... Seems to be getting better slowly... not as many give aways or wasted shots getting blocked.

• Like (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

Vegas. This is how you build a team.

Weren't they gifted the easiest path to success any expansion team has ever had along with half a dozen GMs completely mismanaging their rosters essentially paving the road to riches for the GK.  How on Earth was Marchessault just given to them? William Karlsson, of perennial 6 goal seasons, turns into a PPG player.  

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

Vegas. This is how you build a team.

How does a team go from 11 quality NHL defenseman to not even having a decent top-4 either now or as a prospect in the future a couple years later?

I think they were gifted with some absurd forward depth from teams like Florida, along with a good coach and a chip on their shoulder.  They have a lot of good draft picks, but they could've avoided their current situation pretty easily I would think.

3 hours ago, WildCard said:

Image result for what gif

Well Zemgus getting more productive with Eichel isn't really all that surprising. Eichel with Zemgus is but like you said, Eichel's pretty much his own entity at this point

I'll bet he's more productive alongside Eichel than Reinhart has been.

• Haha (+1) 1

This foolish game, it's still the same
The pucks go flying off in the air
And don't you believe it's true, this board is all for you
It's really all we have to share
'cause another lost season ...it's only howlin' at the moon.

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

I'll bet he's more productive alongside Eichel than Reinhart has been.

What do you want to bet? How many games does this have to be and how do you define productive? 

God the Reinhart ***** hate narrative is reaching a fever pitch now. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.