NHL Combine will remain in Buffalo through 2022

Brawndo

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

When will they give up the charade that any other city will do the combine better?

Just make it official like the NFL always holds its combine in Indy.

Yeah, while I'm glad to see the extension, I'd love to see something longer term. Or permanent.

Apparently Indy was about to lose its contract (and other cities were trying to get it) but they were extended to 2021 last year: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2019/05/22/nfl-scouting-combine-indianapolis-events-shifted-television/1198030001/

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

In business, a three year agreement like this is "permanent."  I don't think the NHL would want the hosting city to take the combine for granted.  It just wouldn't make sense from their point of view to make it more permanent.

Pretty much this. For all intents and purposes, this is permanent. Besides the perfect facilities, the proximity to Toronto, Montreal and New York along with the weather that time of year and a city that actually cares about these prospects makes it difficult to imagine them moving it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.