Ray Shero Fired as Devils GM

Brawndo

6 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Shero won a Cup as GM of the Pens and his dad coached Terry's beloved Flyers. Immediate odds-on-favorite to be the Sabres' new GM, maybe even president. Just gotta settle that little issue of, "Is he Pegula People"?

I'm calling BS on this one.  There is no way that the dastardly Flyers are the beloved on anyone atol.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)

18 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I was expecting Shero to do better.   

Really? His Pittsburgh teams regularly disappointed. Sure, they won a Cup, but they also got eliminated by a lower seed 5 years in a row after that. Yes, we Buffalo fans would be deliriously happy winning one championship. But when you have Crosby-Malkin-Staal down the middle, I'd say that's underachieving. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Really? His Pittsburgh teams regularly disappointed. Sure, they won a Cup, but they also got eliminated by a lower seed 5 years in a row after that. Yes, we Buffalo fans would be deliriously happy winning one championship. But when you have Crosby-Malkin-Staal down the middle, I'd say that's underachieving. 

Still had higher expectations.   Hockey is a tough sport to build a team.  No one knows more than Sabres fans right now. 

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

It's so disheartening because Botterill really seemed like the guy too. 

Yup. I wanted to believe.

But he's severely mismanaged the cap while failing to make the team better. And now we get to watch yet another season go down the toilet.

I don't trust him with our abundant cap space this summer. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.