GDT Sunday January 12th Sabres at Detroit 5pm MSG, WGR

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I believe they are playing like ***** at 5v5 was the point. And we should want to talk about it because otherwise this win isn't sustainable. 

Anytime somebody says leave it to the pros on an internet message board, I'm immediately rolling my eyes. The hell are you here for if it should be left to the pros?

Because some people come here for the most important reasons.....1) they're a fan of the team and 2) to see if they win...with #2 being the most relevant stat of all.

Just saying.

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I believe they are playing like ***** at 5v5 was the point. And we should want to talk about it because otherwise this win isn't sustainable. 

Anytime somebody says leave it to the pros on an internet message board, I'm immediately rolling my eyes. The hell are you here for if it should be left to the pros?

You're penalizing the Sabres for scoring two power plays goals and one shorthanded goal? They outshot the Wings 27-22, they took over the game early, they faltered a bit in the second, then finished nicely. You can stuff xG in your bloomer.

10 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

No you’re right. Instead of being concerned about an aspect major of the team’s play I should put My Efforts into something more productive such as putting Terry Pegula on trial. 

I can't think of anything more productive or valuable that I've ever contributed to this board than sounding the alarm on this owner years before almost anyone else.

Edited by PASabreFan
ego, but I think I'm right
  • Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I can't think of anything more productive or valuable that I've ever contributed to this board than sounding the alarm on this owner years before almost anyone else.

“But Pegula is the owner.  Who are we to question his decision making?  What do we know about owning a team?”

That’s basically the same logic that you are applying to the on ice performance.  From my point of view.

Edited by Curt

31 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

And you certainly didn’t “sound an alarm” to all those who disagree with your opinion on the owner. You just managed to knee jerk early in the game and happened to be the leader as others jumped on the bandwagon over the years. And now to those who agree with the negative views on the owners, you were one of the first on this forum. Um ok. So ... congrats??

I still like the Pegulas ... so congrats??

57 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

To what end. The owners are measured on success.  Which includes sales.  To date, those haven't suffered. Until they do, the trial will be postponed. 

58 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

E-Rod, Bogo, and Lazar.....3 stars of the game, respectively. This should drive the analytics people crazy, eh?

It's always a dead giveaway that somebody has no idea what they're talking about when they say a guy doing well will drive analytics people crazy, as if people who understand analytics don't know bad players will have good games. 

PS: "analytics people" generally like Rodrigues. 

4 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

It's always a dead giveaway that somebody has no idea what they're talking about when they say a guy doing well will drive analytics people crazy, as if people who understand analytics don't know bad players will have good games. 

PS: "analytics people" generally like Rodrigues. 

That’s how we know you’re crazy.?

• Haha (+1) 1

We have a new team mantra now: "We're better than Detroit."   Cool.

They are really really bad. Tanking I guess. 

Good to see a little physicality (Lazar, Bogo, Risto) even if it was against a feeble opponent. We need this every night.

Clearly, the Risto in front of the net PP option is the only way to go right now. Should only improve as Risto gets more comfortable in the role.

Hutton is not the worst goalie in the league :)   

Let's see if any of this carries over when we play a better team next. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.