Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Brawndo

GDT Sunday January 12th Sabres at Detroit 5pm MSG, WGR

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I believe they are playing like ***** at 5v5 was the point. And we should want to talk about it because otherwise this win isn't sustainable. 

Anytime somebody says leave it to the pros on an internet message board, I'm immediately rolling my eyes. The hell are you here for if it should be left to the pros?

Because some people come here for the most important reasons.....1) they're a fan of the team and 2) to see if they win...with #2 being the most relevant stat of all.

Just saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I believe they are playing like ***** at 5v5 was the point. And we should want to talk about it because otherwise this win isn't sustainable. 

Anytime somebody says leave it to the pros on an internet message board, I'm immediately rolling my eyes. The hell are you here for if it should be left to the pros?

You're penalizing the Sabres for scoring two power plays goals and one shorthanded goal? They outshot the Wings 27-22, they took over the game early, they faltered a bit in the second, then finished nicely. You can stuff xG in your bloomer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 PP and 1 SH goal.  No PP, or SH, goals surrendered.  A good special teams night

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

2 PP and 1 SH goal.  No PP, or SH, goals surrendered.  A good special teams night

But their 5v5 chances weren't weighted high enough!

freaks and geeks nerd GIF

  • Haha (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Would you give them Reinhart and Risto for Larkin?  

Sure. He’s on a fair contract. He’d be a nice #2 center.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

But their 5v5 chances weren't weighted high enough!

freaks and geeks nerd GIF

No you’re right. Instead of being concerned about an aspect major of the team’s play I should put My Efforts into something more productive such as putting Terry Pegula on trial. 

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

No you’re right. Instead of being concerned about an aspect major of the team’s play I should put My Efforts into something more productive such as putting Terry Pegula on trial. 

I can't think of anything more productive or valuable that I've ever contributed to this board than sounding the alarm on this owner years before almost anyone else.

Edited by PASabreFan
ego, but I think I'm right
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Skeptical 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still see no point in going after the owner; he's done a lot of good for the area. He's far from perfect but I'll never understand the sheer anger pointed to our ownership.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

No you’re right. Instead of being concerned about an aspect major of the team’s play I should put My Efforts into something more productive such as putting Terry Pegula on trial. 

What does this mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I can't think of anything more productive or valuable that I've ever contributed to this board than sounding the alarm on this owner years before almost anyone else.

“But Pegula is the owner.  Who are we to question his decision making?  What do we know about owning a team?”

That’s basically the same logic that you are applying to the on ice performance.  From my point of view.

Edited by Curt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I can't think of anything more productive or valuable that I've ever contributed to this board than sounding the alarm on this owner years before almost anyone else.

And you certainly didn’t “sound an alarm” to all those who disagree with your opinion on the owner. You just managed to knee jerk early in the game and happened to be the leader as others jumped on the bandwagon over the years. And now to those who agree with the negative views on the owners, you were one of the first on this forum. Um ok. So ... congrats??

 

I still like the Pegulas ... so congrats??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like it's peak Sabres disappointment time of year.  They're not worth it.  Don't let these pricks make you divisive.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I can't think of anything more productive or valuable that I've ever contributed to this board than sounding the alarm on this owner years before almost anyone else.

To what end. The owners are measured on success.  Which includes sales.  To date, those haven't suffered. Until they do, the trial will be postponed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

E-Rod, Bogo, and Lazar.....3 stars of the game, respectively. This should drive the analytics people crazy, eh?

It's always a dead giveaway that somebody has no idea what they're talking about when they say a guy doing well will drive analytics people crazy, as if people who understand analytics don't know bad players will have good games. 

PS: "analytics people" generally like Rodrigues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

It's always a dead giveaway that somebody has no idea what they're talking about when they say a guy doing well will drive analytics people crazy, as if people who understand analytics don't know bad players will have good games. 

PS: "analytics people" generally like Rodrigues. 

That’s how we know you’re crazy.😂

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Would you give them Reinhart and Risto for Larkin?  

No.

2 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Why did that Red Wing leave Bogo to double team the man in front? Not complaining but wow.

Now you know what it looks like to play a tanking team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a new team mantra now: "We're better than Detroit."   Cool.

They are really really bad. Tanking I guess. 

Good to see a little physicality (Lazar, Bogo, Risto) even if it was against a feeble opponent. We need this every night.

Clearly, the Risto in front of the net PP option is the only way to go right now. Should only improve as Risto gets more comfortable in the role.

Hutton is not the worst goalie in the league :)   

Let's see if any of this carries over when we play a better team next. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SwampD said:

That’s how we know you’re crazy.😂

Hey, before this season it was at least a defensible position! He's been bad this year though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...