GDT Sat 11th January. Sabres V Canucks 1pm ET

steveoath

How many of Jbot’s draftees are playing for the Sabres?  Dahlin.  

The rest are Regier and TM draftees.  

Jbot drafted physical players Samuelsson and a Pekar.  He also drafted UPL

Jbot is still digging out from TM’s contracts 

He isn’t being fired. My guess is he has a plan that he has sold Pegula on.  That means playoff next year when he is out from under TM’s contracts.

That doesn’t absolve him of not finding a 2c or for other bad roster choices.

Its time to waive Hutton and call up Johansson.

He also still needs to make a move to improve the centers.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

It's time for Botterill to go. This is beyond embarrassing, beyond a failed rebuild.

I've said it consistently, and I'll say it again, there is an expectation to lose here in Buffalo. It's culture, it's simply a losing culture.

Terry Pegula, your product sucks donkey dick. You have taken Sabres hockey to such a low level of excepting losses that it boggles the imagination.

I haven't been watching closely but has the GM (I refuse to use his name due to anger) spoken publicly about the state of this so called team?  He has to realize that MANY fans are sick of whatever the hell has been vomited on the ice.  FFS the dude needs to at least slam a door somewhere in that arena to let us know he has a pulse and he's not a Weekend At Bernie's corpse.  

Edited by Indabuff
I wish I could Photoshop the Bernie sunglasses on the GM
  • Like (+1) 2

How often has a GM been given more than 3 years to put together a playoff caliber team?  That seriously does not seem the norm.  No matter the circumstances or problems the previous GM left behind. If there is a former GM on the market w/ credible experience, hire the guy.  If not, does it really matter?  Franchise hasn’t had any type of success since 2011. 

51 minutes ago, Sidc3000 said:

You’re are probably the only one

If he’s serious with that comment, he’s not the only one.... I think 3-4 key effective trades would propel this team immensely. 
Look at the players who are UFA’s coming off the books most likely. That turnover is half the battle right there IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

He isn’t being fired. My guess is he has a plan that he has sold Pegula on.  That means playoff next year when he is out from under TM’s contracts.

The draftees may be mostly Murray's, but the players and contracts are mostly Botterill's. Okposo, Bogosian, Ristolainen. That's the complete list of players who were both acquired and signed to their current contracts by Tim Murray. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, TrueBlueGED said:

The draftees may be mostly Murray's, but the players and contracts are mostly Botterill's. Okposo, Bogosian, Ristolainen. That's the complete list of players who were both acquired and signed to their current contracts by Tim Murray. 

And what are our worst contracts? Okposo, Bogo and Risto.  20% of our cap in two nothing player and one D who isn’t good at D. 

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

And what are our worst contracts? Okposo, Bogo and Risto.  20% of our cap in two nothing player and one D who isn’t good at D. 

Botterill has had ample opportunity to move on from one of those, and chosen not to. Botterill chose to spend $2.85M on McCabe, $2.75M on Hutton, $2.28M on Vesey, $4.3M on Frolandella, $5.25M on Sheary (+Hunwick), $3.5M on Sobotka...and more. And that's without factoring in how he got rescued from $4M on Berglund. Jason Botterill is responsible for Jason Botterill's cap problems. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Botterill has had ample opportunity to move on from one of those, and chosen not to. Botterill chose to spend $2.85M on McCabe, $2.75M on Hutton, $2.28M on Vesey, $4.3M on Frolandella, $5.25M on Sheary (+Hunwick), $3.5M on Sobotka...and more. And that's without factoring in how he got rescued from $4M on Berglund. Jason Botterill is responsible for Jason Botterill's cap problems. 

The kick in the dick is the fact that he's supposed to be some cap guru, no?  I don't pretend to know the ins and outs of this organization but I can confidently say that watching this team is masochism.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Indabuff said:

The kick in the dick is the fact that he's supposed to be some cap guru, no?  I don't pretend to know the ins and outs of this organization but I can confidently say that watching this team is masochism.  

Only if the pain gives you pleasure.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

This, ultimately, is why I've become nervous about him going into the coming off-season with something like $30 million in cap to play with. Imagine the bad contracts this supposed "cap genius" could saddle this team with? Imagine the damage he could do? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Weave said:

Only if the pain gives you pleasure.

It actually is at this point.  I'd like to see entertaining hockey but I'm not seeing it.  The playoffs are pretty much out of reach.  Accepting extreme failure seems like the only possibility for anything to change.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, darksabre said:

This, ultimately, is why I've become nervous about him going into the coming off-season with something like $30 million in cap to play with. Imagine the bad contracts this supposed "cap genius" could saddle this team with? Imagine the damage he could do? 

I'll bow out of this conversation after this because hockey management is above my pay grade and I was looking to vent to someone other than my four year old but it wouldn't surprise me at all if I found a door at the arena that led me to the Sabres version of the Matrix Architect and it just so happened to be Salacious B. Crumb.  At least I'd have closure to this debacle.

3 hours ago, Tondas said:

Can we trade our whole team for Ricky Williams?

That’s funny, let’s face it folks this team needs to draft well because big free agents aren’t coming to Buffalo. NY state tax plus there’s nothing exciting to do in Buffalo for young players. Just see Emerson Etem!

Edited by SabresBillsFan

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

There is no chance for playoffs next year. As far as bad contracts the Skinner contract will end up being worse than the Okposo contract. No one is claiming Hutton off waivers. That was another atrocious signing by Botteril. Botteril has driven this team into the ground. The Colin Miller trade appears to be another dreadful move as well. Meanwhile Evander Kane will score 30 goals again. Mojo is not a C he is a 3rd line winger on a good team. We are so far away from contention it’s absurd. We have no forward prospects other than Cozens. Pekar is another 4th liner. We have plenty of those. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

I recall an interview last year in November when the Sabres hosted the Canucks where Petersson answered four questions about Dahlin.  He got so pissed  he asked if the interview was about Rasmus or him.  He went on to win the Calder, and doesn’t seem to be looking back.  It seems like forever ago when that hype for Dahlin pervaded the press and our conversations.   Fading with each game.  

I dunno, I'm still pretty hyped for him. We have a 19 year old defenseman who, aside from anything else, is on a 55 point 82 game pace. Jack was 19 for most of his rookie year, and had 56 points. Think about it. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

I recall an interview last year in November when the Sabres hosted the Canucks where Petersson answered four questions about Dahlin.  He got so pissed  he asked if the interview was about Rasmus or him.  He went on to win the Calder, and doesn’t seem to be looking back.  It seems like forever ago when that hype for Dahlin pervaded the press and our conversations.   Fading with each game.  

He is a 19 year old defenseman.  How many 19 year old defenseman are even in the NHL?  How many are the highest scoring D on their team?

Is there even any D in the NHL who was better at 19 than Dahlin is now?

• Like (+1) 2

Waive Hutton. If nobody claims him, they won’t) bury him in the A. Call up one of the goalie kids. Hutton’s career seemingly is/should be over.

Botterill needs to go if he’s not going to do anything. I give Jack two years tops before he says I want outta here. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.