GDT: Buffalo @ St Louis, 8 PM ET, MSG

Doohickie

10 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I woke up and my lovely wife had breakfast fir me.  I saidtonhrt.  “I cannot believe that team, they are so far from what a competitive team is supposed to look like”.  Then I open my tablet to your post.   Only difference is I’m not laughing.  

Not if Hutton gets a start. 

Either they're 4-1-0 with Hutton finally starting to exorcise his demons or J. Johansson gets his crack at the big time and we get to see what he has.  Either result's a W in this guy's book. ?

5 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Well, if you assume that the only alternative to tanking would've been complete status quo -- i.e. zero good draft picks, trades, FA pickups or other moves -- plus bad drafting, you've assumed away the entire discussion.

Here's something else that's getting old:  people pretending that "the tank was a success because we have Eichel."

Without ever tanking, this franchise nearly always had a team that was in the conversation for the Stanley Cup at least every 7 years.  ('75, '80, '90, '93, '99, '01, '06, '07).  (With '75, '80, '93, '99, '06, & '07 actually being deserving of more than simply in the conversation IMHO.)  After instituting video scouting, that wasn't the case unless considering the heartless squad that won the division in '11 belonged in that conversation.

Since tanking, they can't even get into the conversation for making the playoffs.  Still expect they'd be further ahead keeping the "status quo" but going back to actual in person scouting as the primary mode of scouting and not tanking.  Not an absolute given, but the pre-tank history would seem to bear this out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Like that’s even remotely sustainable ?

Dude can’t stick with an NHL team. He’s on his 3rd NHL team and 2nd AHL team. And a couple seasons in the Swiss league. At 32, I predict he has one more year left in him in NA, then go over to Europe for two more.

He’s a cute little success story. A pat on the back, good job little fire plug guy. Heart of a lion and an engine that doesn’t quit. Frankly, I’m glad Sabres moved on from him.

You did see the LOL didn't you?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.