GDT: Buffalo @ St Louis, 8 PM ET, MSG

Doohickie

3 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

Same. I remember being frustrated with being an annual bubble team, and embracing the tank. Oh how do I long for that bubble now..

Yep. Plus, when that term “tank” is thrown around by some fans, I don’t think they fully grasp what that really is.

Losing and bottoming out, just means your team sucks. Tanking is stripping your team of almost every good player so it’s almost a given the team will bottom out so it can draft 1 or 2. And to acquire many draft picks.

so bu-bye to Eichel and Dahlin. Those two will get us many draft picks. Bu-bye Reinhart and Skinner. Those two will ge t us many draft picks. Bu-bye Joker, Risto, and Olofsson. We could trade those for a bunch of AHLers to fill the lineup like Sabres did 5-6 years ago. So then Johansson will be our number one center and have KO and Vesey on his wing as our top line. And we can look terrible almost every game as Ullmark gets shelled and lets in 4-6 goals a game... all because ... “tanking” was a good idea so we can draft a few 18 years old who most of them will need 3-5 years to develop.

Fun plan!

No, I think I’d rather fill in the holes when the opportunity presents itself and try to build around the good players who are already here. Yea, i’d rather build up rather than tear down and tank. Team isn’t THAT far away. At least that’s how I see it.

2 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Yep. Plus, when that term “tank” is thrown around by some fans, I don’t think they fully grasp what that really is.

Losing and bottoming out, just means your team sucks. Tanking is stripping your team of almost every good player so it’s almost a given the team will bottom out so it can draft 1 or 2. And to acquire many draft picks.

so bu-bye to Eichel and Dahlin. Those two will get us many draft picks. Bu-bye Reinhart and Skinner. Those two will ge t us many draft picks. Bu-bye Joker, Risto, and Olofsson. We could trade those for a bunch of AHLers to fill the lineup like Sabres did 5-6 years ago. So then Johansson will be our number one center and have KO and Vesey on his wing as our top line. And we can look terrible almost every game as Ullmark gets shelled and lets in 4-6 goals a game... all because ... “tanking” was a good idea so we can draft a few 18 years old who most of them will need 3-5 years to develop.

Fun plan!

No, I think I’d rather fill in the holes when the opportunity presents itself and try to build around the good players who are already here. Yea, i’d rather build up rather than tear down and tank. Team isn’t THAT far away. At least that’s how I see it.

Exactly, we're in this to deep now. No way are we stripping down like that again. Even in a season like this (not giving up btw) at least we have three elite talents to watch when healthy.

9 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

Exactly, we're in this to deep now. No way are we stripping down like that again. Even in a season like this (not giving up btw) at least we have three elite talents to watch when healthy.

In all fairness to us supporters of the tank (at the time), it was never supposed to last THIS long! 

It cannot be overstated just how poorly this rebuild has gone.

It's been a total disaster.

Just now, Kruppstahl said:

In all fairness to us supporters of the tank (at the time), it was never supposed to last THIS long! 

It cannot be overstated just how poorly this rebuild has gone.

It's been a total disaster.

Agreed. I remember thinking that by 2020 we would be consistently deep in the playoffs for a couple seasons already. 

So let me get the logic right........since we screwed up the tank and we've drafted (mostly) the wrong guys and have issues on the roster best not to wipe the slate clean and try again (and do it right this time). Better to just wallow in garbage hockey for the next decade and argue about who should be fired/replaced every season?  Sounds like a fun plan too. 

We get slaughtered if St. Louis hits us. Not sure how they're playing right now, but if it's like last year in the playoffs we are done before it starts. 

I live in St Louis.  For the first time since 2009 I am not at the Sabres - Blues game.  Btw, they won that night.  I have never seen the Sabres win a road game.   Never in St Louis, never in Los Angeles, never in Washington, or Pittsburgh.   I’ve plabwblt seen them lose it tie the Blues 20 times.  

So with me not there we have a better chance.  

See what I do for you guys!  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.