Lawrence Pilut Called Up/McCabe out with UBI

Brawndo

Sabres don't play till Thursday so I'm assuming they want to get a look at him in practice.

This does put them over the roster limit, so they'll need to correct that by game day.

For what it's worth, Jeremy White's source did call this. Said the other day that Botterill wanted to get Pilut up soon, and well, here we are.

4 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Sabres don't play till Thursday so I'm assuming they want to get a look at him in practice.

This does put them over the roster limit, so they'll need to correct that by game day.

For what it's worth, Jeremy White's source did call this. Said the other day that Botterill wanted to get Pilut up soon, and well, here we are.

They'll have to correct that roster excedence today.  Easiest way is to send Smith back to Ra-cha-cha.

Can't really give White's super secret putz much credit for stating that Botterill wanted Pilut on the big club.  75%+ here wanted that as well and with the removal of Scandella that left exactly 2 LHD on the big club.  Predicting the sky will eventually be blue isn't particularly impressive, though some might claim it's thread-worthy.  ?

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

They'll have to correct that roster excedence today.  Easiest way is to send Smith back to Ra-cha-cha.

Can't really give White's super secret putz much credit for stating that Botterill wanted Pilut on the big club.  75%+ here wanted that as well and with the removal of Scandella that left exactly 2 LHD on the big club.  Predicting the sky will eventually be blue isn't particularly impressive, though some might claim it's thread-worthy.  ?

Cap friendly already has Smith back in Rochester. Frolik took his spot. They have to make another move. 

I don't put much weight in the SSSS but I thought it was worth noting that he did mention a Pilut recall. Blind squirrel and all that. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Is there a broader move in play here? Maybe Bogo on the cusp of being moved?

Do we think the Sabres might be in on PK Subban?  When I heard he was looking out of NJ a few days ago I thought about his fit for the Sabres.  Yes $9MM for the next 2 years is a lot, but we have two key defensemen on entry level deals for 1 more year and it could allow us to dump the Okposo and Bogo contracts while only giving up prospects like Pilut, Tage.  I'd throw in Middlestat if we could get out from under Okposo's contract because if we can, that means we get Subban for $3MM a year ($9MM for PK - $6MM for Kyle) while freeing up $6MM in '22-23.  I think everyone agrees PK isn't work $9MM a year, but in this scenario it is affordable and makes this team better short and long-term.

Also, I know Kype has a Modified NTC where he can submit a list of 15 teams, but NJ may be a fit if he still has any ties to the tri-state area.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

Do we think the Sabres might be in on PK Subban?  When I heard he was looking out of NJ a few days ago I thought about his fit for the Sabres.  Yes $9MM for the next 2 years is a lot, but we have two key defensemen on entry level deals for 1 more year and it could allow us to dump the Okposo and Bogo contracts while only giving up prospects like Pilut, Tage.  I'd throw in Middlestat if we could get out from under Okposo's contract because if we can, that means we get Subban for $3MM a year ($9MM for PK - $6MM for Kyle) while freeing up $6MM in '22-23.  I think everyone agrees PK isn't work $9MM a year, but in this scenario it is affordable and makes this team better short and long-term.

Also, I know Kype has a Modified NTC where he can submit a list of 15 teams, but NJ may be a fit if he still has any ties to the tri-state area.

Subban looks like he has really lost a step or two. Big guy who isn't as quick as he use to be, IMO 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Cap friendly already has Smith back in Rochester. Frolik took his spot. They have to make another move. 

I don't put much weight in the SSSS but I thought it was worth noting that he did mention a Pilut recall. Blind squirrel and all that. 

Until Frolik gets his visa cleared up, though he's counting against the cap, he isn't available to play and shouldn't count against the 23 man roster.

17 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Smith is already back in Rochester though. At least, capfriendly had him clearing yesterday.

7 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Until Frolik gets his visa cleared up, though he's counting against the cap, he isn't available to play and shouldn't count against the 23 man roster.

I'm operating under the assumption that Frolik will be ready to play Thursday. Obviously if he's not then that could change things.

3 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I'm operating under the assumption that Frolik will be ready to play Thursday. Obviously if he's not then that could change things.

And Thursday's roster has nothing to do with being in compliance with the 23 man rule today.

He very well could be ready Thursday.  Hopefully he is.  But if he isn't allowed legally to play for the Sabres yet, he isn't taking up a roster space.  He's merely taking up cap space which isn't an issue at present.

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

And Thursday's roster has nothing to do with being in compliance with the 23 man rule today.

He very well could be ready Thursday.  Hopefully he is.  But if he isn't allowed legally to play for the Sabres yet, he isn't taking up a roster space.  He's merely taking up cap space which isn't an issue at present.

That's literally what I'm saying. That's why I specified game day.

13 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Subban looks like he has really lost a step or two. Big guy who isn't as quick as he use to be, IMO 

I thought he looked good during the first Devils/Sabres match-up this year.  A lot of times he looked like he was the only one on the ice for the Devils doing anything.  The second time they played he looked worn down and beat up.  For the Devils, he was "the guy," for the Sabres, he won't have to be "the guy."  I think in this system PK would do well, and give us a big physical presence on the blue line that this team desperately needs.  

IMO we would have to give up one of our best blueline prospects and a middle top forward prospect if they were willing to take on the Okposo contract, which is why when there was news on Pilut it peaked my interest.  

32 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I'm excited that the franchise has finally decided to play its second best LHD. 

Bold statement.   I agree that he is better than Jake.  But you are jumping Montour as well?   If that’s the case, what are your thoughts of his upcoming RFA status.  I’m disappointed is his performance based on high expectations coming in here and the cost (both Salary and trade value).  

5 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Bold statement.   I agree that he is better than Jake.  But you are jumping Montour as well?   If that’s the case, what are your thoughts of his upcoming RFA status.  I’m disappointed is his performance based on high expectations coming in here and the cost (both Salary and trade value).  

Pretty sure Montour is a RHD

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.