Predators Fire HC Peter Laviolette

Brawndo

20 hours ago, SwampD said:

I can't disagree with any of this. I'm just not looking forward to yet another guy (he for the 3rd time) who people had to convince me wasn't good enough or not the right fit for the Sabres, only to see them go be successful somewhere else for whatever reason.

I understand, but I think your focus is on the coach and not the situation the coach goes to.  Laviolette will get hired by a team in a better position to succeed than the Sabres are right now and they'll end up improving and it will appear as though he was worth it, but in reality, he was just another coach.

Completely off the cuff?  I could see him ending up in Minnesota or Columbus.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, LTS said:

I understand, but I think your focus is on the coach and not the situation the coach goes to.  Laviolette will get hired by a team in a better position to succeed than the Sabres are right now and they'll end up improving and it will appear as though he was worth it, but in reality, he was just another coach.

Completely off the cuff?  I could see him ending up in Minnesota or Columbus.

IMHO, Laviolette is a better Tortorella.  He's going to get improved performance out of a team for 2-3 seasons and then flame out by about the 4th year.  If the Sabres had 2 more quality players on the roster at present and were still mired where they are, would be fine with pulling the trigger on a coaching move.  Realizing they'd need another one around 2024.

But, Krueger could be good for the long haul if he can find a ST's X's & O's guy to bring onto the staff next year.  And don't want him punted for a guy that will only help for 3 years when this is one of those 3 years.

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.