Predators Fire HC Peter Laviolette

Brawndo

23 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

You’d fire RK?

i would not, at this point anyway.

But I would hire PLV as an assistant and put him in charge of special teams (although he’s going to hold out for a HC job and probably get one soon).  

Yes, I would hire Lavvy and fire Krueger.  I like coaches who can do more with less.  You have to know this about me by now!  And Laviolette is that coach.

Edited by Eleven

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Krueger might surprise us, I think he is already doing more with less.

When Krueger brings three teams to the SCF that have little business being there (ok, I'll give in on Nashville), let me know.

Edited by Eleven

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

and this is why I didn't want to sign Matt Duchene. 

Not saying he's the only reason they are underachieving, but everywhere he goes the team gets worse, and every team he leaves does better than expected.

So is there anyone on our roster who does that? I dunno, but it wasn't ROR. 

Not sure who but I’m willing to let all but three or four players go to test this thesis. 

If Housley were still here I'd be all for it, but seeing as our present coach has been here for merely 43 games I'm not interested. If this were 2 years from now with ok results I'd say hey Ralph, would you like a role as Hockey Czar with a raise; we'd like to bring in this successful coach to take us to another level but we earnestly believe we still need you here to truly make that happen.   

Edited by thewookie1

2 minutes ago, Crosschecking said:

I can't remember who said it in this forum, since it was a number of years ago. I'll never forget the pejorative term that someone used against PLV. I can't bring myself to repeat it.

We all were pretty mad at him 14 years ago.  It's natural.  Like his beautiful Lego hair.

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

We all were pretty mad at him 14 years ago.  It's natural.  Like his beautiful Lego hair.

I remember that very well.

Like I said, I can't bring myself to repeat out of respect toward the women who get on TAC.

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

When Krueger brings three teams to the SCF that have little business being there (ok, I'll give in on Nashville), let me know.

Yeah just don't see it as the right timing, no way this happens now.    Maybe if he is still around in the offseason dunno ?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.