The little things in life

PASabreFan

casually and perfectly pulling off a modest - but fun - act of coordination or athleticism. e.g., clean billiards shot, darts bullseye, nothing but net three pointer.  

added value: if it is done to the amazement and wonder of a group of kids (who had no idea you (ever) had it in you).

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/5/2020 at 7:22 PM, New Scotland (NS) said:

Also, the wood fired bakeries starting up in Sarajevo as we walk to a mosque for the dawn prayers.

Honest question. Not trying to be rude. How does that process work? Is there someone left at the bakery to manage the fire so that it does not get out of control?

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Crosschecking said:

Honest question. Not trying to be rude. How does that process work? Is there someone left at the bakery to manage the fire so that it does not get out of control?

LOL!!

The safe and enclosed baking ovens are wood fired.  Yes.  They are closely monitored.

4 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

LOL!!

The safe and enclosed baking ovens are wood fired.  Yes.  They are closely monitored.

Just wondering how they did that if everyone had to go to dawn prayers.

Edited by Crosschecking
grammar
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Crosschecking said:

Just wondering how they did that if everyone had had to go to dawn prayers.

Not everyone goes to the prayers.  Firstly, Sarajevo is a wonderful and very religiously diverse city.  Secondly, not all Muslims go to the prayers, or pray at all.

1 minute ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Not everyone goes to the prayers.  Firstly, Sarajevo is a wonderful and very religiously diverse city.  Secondly, not all Muslims go to the prayers, or pray at all.

I'm going to take this to private message so that I  don't derail this thread.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/8/2020 at 2:58 PM, That Aud Smell said:

casually and perfectly pulling off a modest - but fun - act of coordination or athleticism. e.g., clean billiards shot, darts bullseye, nothing but net three pointer.  

added value: if it is done to the amazement and wonder of a group of kids (who had no idea you (ever) had it in you).

When my son was in 6th basketball we were casually walking across the court to the bleachers a little before the start of his game. I scooped up a loose ball, tossed it off the backboard to myself and one handed stuffed it. All the kids went nuts.

....then the ref came and raised the rim 2 feet...

• Haha (+1) 2

my two year old daughter (who was/is a huge momma's girl) reached for me during the bedtime routine (which only my wife could ever put her to bed calmly) last night and said "want daddy go night-night" put her head on my shoulder and wrapped an arm around my neck...

10 hours ago, Tondas said:

As a kid, hearing my school on the radio being closed due to snow.

i still feel that way about the military base being closed or delayed due to weather!

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.