The little things in life

PASabreFan

On 1/4/2020 at 4:50 PM, Sabretoothless said:

Smelling the pages of a brand new book as I open it for the first time.

Welcome.

Very nice.

For me it's the smell of the salty ocean fog while hiking on the rugged Atlantic coast of NS.

Also, the wood fired bakeries starting up in Sarajevo as we walk to a mosque for the dawn prayers.

On 1/4/2020 at 11:20 AM, Doohickie said:

The dogs up on the bed with you keeping you warm on a cold night.

And it doesn't matter how big they are, either. We have a Yorkie that was rescued from a puppy mill, and a toy Chihuahua.

• Like (+1) 1

When you've been drinking a lot (water, beer, whatever ...) and finally get to a urinal.Ā  That release is ... not quite orgasmic, but a very satisfying second.

When the last present is under the tree on Christmas Eve, everyone's asleep and it's just you, A Christmas Story and Santa's cookies (not that I would touch the big guy's offering.)

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, carpandean said:

When you've been drinking a lot (water, beer, whatever ...) and finally get to a urinal.Ā  That release is ... not quite orgasmic, but a very satisfying second.

When the last present is under the tree on Christmas Eve, everyone's asleep and it's just you, A Christmas Story and Santa's cookies (not that I would touch the big guy's offering.)

Seeing Carp post again after eating my morning breakfast at work, about to go to the other hospital I work at thatĀ specializes in detox...

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Crosschecking said:

And it doesn't matter how big they are, either. We have a Yorkie that was rescued from a puppy mill, and a toy Chihuahua.

After I got up this morning, the dogs (a 70 lb. shepherd mix and a 45 pound heeler mix) were all snuggled up around my wife in the bed.Ā  I wanted to crawl back in.

6 hours ago, Doohickie said:

After I got up this morning, the dogs (a 70 lb. shepherd mix and a 45 pound heeler mix) were all snuggled up around my wife in the bed.Ā  I wanted to crawl back in.

You'd be amazed at how much space a Chihuahua will take up.

13 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Watching the last school bus pull away from the building on the last day of school.

kids having innocent fun when they don't know you are watching. e.g. watching my son play pond hockey in Lake Placid from the shore when he didn't know I was there.

When were you there?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.