GDT: Panthers @ Sabres, 1pm, 1/4/20

Andrew Amerk

2 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Man, if Sheary was just a bit better he'd suck a whole lot less.

I think part of the problem with some fans is, they didn’t follow him or know about his productivity before being a Sabre. He has almost always been a (roughly) 12-15 goals/15-20 assist guy. The eye test looks like he could be more, because he shows flashes,  but he just simply isn’t and will most likely never be. And his cap hit reflects exactly what he brings. He’s on a fair contract. I’m not saying you, but some fans need to seriously dial back the higher expectations of Sheary. It’s not gonna happen. 30-35 point 3rd liner who can play spot duty on the 2nd line on occasion. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Am I crazy or did they stick that old addition back onto the goal horn? The echoing horn/whistle thing? If so, chills. 

If if you're not sure what I'm talking about YouTube the Drury tying goal and any Eichel goal and you'll hear it.

could just be wishful thinking.

Air raid siren. Have they played it after Eichel goals? Can't quite tell what the goal song was.

Bogo is just waiting to happen.

54 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm at the Harp in Boston with the Bills Backers. Hoping they can put the Sabres on. Bruins fans all left for their game.

I'm at Buffalo Bros which is basically on the TCU campus. The Armed Forces Bowl is today, played at TCU's stadium.  People are drifting in expecting to see that but we have the Sabres game on the big TVs and audio. ❤️

• Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I think part of the problem with some fans is, they didn’t follow him or know about his productivity before being a Sabre. He has almost always been a (roughly) 12-15 goals/15-20 assist guy. The eye test looks like he could be more, because he shows flashes,  but he just simply isn’t and will most likely never be. And his cap hit reflects exactly what he brings. He’s on a fair contract. I’m not saying you, but some fans need to seriously dial back the higher expectations of Sheary. It’s not gonna happen. 30-35 point 3rd liner who can play spot duty on the 2nd line on occasion. 

That's exactly what he is and I'm happy with him. 

Dale Hawerchuk tribute ...  One of my all time favorites.  Go, Dale ... lotsa love here.

Followed the Turgeon tribute ...  always seemed like a great guy.   Telling a freshly drafted Biron that Buffalo’s a great place to be is top shelf.

17 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Air raid siren. Have they played it after Eichel goals? Can't quite tell what the goal song was.

Bogo is just waiting to happen.

I'm a bit of a goal horn junkie and am quite certain I haven't heard them use it in the 2010s. Only 45% sure I heard it today. Let's hope for 4 more opportunities to check.

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

I'm a bit of a goal horn junkie and am quite certain I haven't heard them use it in the 2010s. Only 45% sure I heard it today. Let's hope for 4 more opportunities to check.

It's 100%. I'm somehow misreading your comment about Jack.

Rick with his Smehlik tribute.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.