GDT: Panthers @ Sabres, 1pm, 1/4/20

Andrew Amerk

37 minutes ago, inkman said:

I don't understand all the 716 hate. I rather enjoyed my experience there.  

We've always had a good experience food wise. For an out of towner, arena, hotel, garage, and resteraunt all in the same location is clutch. I remember driving 4 hours to and from just to stay for a 2.5 hr game. Now there's awesome stuff to do right in the Harborcenter. 

20 hours ago, Neo said:

Well, I think we all agree that disappointing, or not, we’re certainly better than we’ve been in years.  I make that point because the crowd’s louder on tv.    I’d like someone who’s attended opinion.   Is it louder, or re-mic’d?

The crowd was the loudest it's been in several weeks yesterday afternoon.  Combination of everybody being pumped for the Bill's game to follow, the atmosphere of the '90's night, and the Sabres coming to play.  (At least until they went into icing-mode which nearly backfired on them.)

Not sure how the refs called a phantom high stick on the Sabres early and then nearly missed the 4 minute one against Okposo and also missed the 4 minute 1 against Eichel.  His head was a bit low while battling near the boards, but it's not like his head was below his waist or anything.  It typically gets called and he gave the refs an earful for almost a full minute when he came back out to start the 3rd.  Good for him on that.

Also, haven't rewatched at all, but still not sure how Jack missed what appeared a wide open net in the 3rd that would've made it 4-0.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Taro T said:

The crowd was the loudest it's been in several weeks yesterday afternoon.  Combination of everybody being pumped for the Bill's game to follow, the atmosphere of the '90's night, and the Sabres coming to play.  (At least until they went into icing-mode which nearly backfired on them.)

Not sure how the refs called a phantom high stick on the Sabres early and then nearly missed the 4 minute one against Okposo and also missed the 4 minute 1 against Eichel.  His head was a bit low while battling near the boards, but it's not like his head was below his waist or anything.  It typically gets called and he gave the refs an earful for almost a full minute when he came back out to start the 3rd.  Good for him on that.

Also, haven't rewatched at all, but still not sure how Jack missed what appeared a wide open net in the 3rd that would've made it 4-0.

How he missed as in what happened? He hit the post (maybe crossbar). I know it was iron! How, as in, How in the world could he miss? I dunno.

For @Randall Flagg here's the new procedure that kicked in yesterday when Okposo got high-sticked. @Taro T was it your impression they missed the call but went to video review to see what happened? I thought the ref coming around behind the net acted like he had seen it, although he didn't have his arm raised.

REFEREES REVIEW OF MAJOR/MATCH PENALTY CALLS AND DOUBLE MINOR HIGH-STICKING PENALTIES

MAJOR & MATCH PENALTIES: Referees will be required to conduct an on-ice video review for all Major (non-fighting) and Match Penalties they assess on the ice for the purpose of: (a) “confirming” the penalty; or (b) “reducing” the penalty to a two-minute minor penalty.  Referees shall not have the option to rescind a called penalty altogether.

The Referees will be provided with all available video to review their own calls but will not otherwise consult with the NHL Situation Room with respect to their review.

DOUBLE MINOR FOR HIGH-STICKING: Referees will have the ability to conduct an on-ice video review to confirm (or not) their original call on the ice, and, in particular, whether the stick causing the apparent injury was actually the stick of the Player being penalized.  The Referee’s review of all High-Sticking/Double-Minor Penalties will be discretionary and not mandatory and will be conducted without consultation with the NHL Situation Room.

33 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Barkov missed a similar shot early in the game.  It's a fast game.

Barkov had to take a 1 timer and was at a bit of a bad angle.  (And, yes, Ullmark caught a break there that he couldn't get the puck on net.)  Eichel (again, haven't rewatched, so maybe the perception of the moment wasn't accurate) had some time to settle the pass and take the shot he wanted.  And as the shot deflected off the 1st post, REALLY looked like it was going in / was in the net.  Clearly it wasn't.

Update, had diaherriah just now so maybe it was the food.

6 hours ago, inkman said:

We've always had a good experience food wise. For an out of towner, arena, hotel, garage, and resteraunt all in the same location is clutch. I remember driving 4 hours to and from just to stay for a 2.5 hr game. Now there's awesome stuff to do right in the Harborcenter. 

22 hours ago, inkman said:

Eat there enough and you will understand,

Very small portions for the price they charge(I once ordered chicken pasta and the meal came in a huge bowl that was like 1/4 full - for $20.  I was still hungry after I left and had to stop at Wendy's on the way home for something to eat) and the food comes in various states of being cooked many times, including fully raw(I had a Korean chicken sandwich once that I bit into that was fully raw in the middle.  Not a little undercooked. RAW!).

They also serve meat to vegan/vegetarians at times as well even though they ordered something that had no meat in it. 

Used to work at HSBC and our boss used to come in monthly and take us there almost every time until we simply had too many issues accumulate to overlook and had to find a new spot.

Edited by matter2003

On 1/4/2020 at 3:17 PM, GASabresIUFAN said:

Why haven’t we seen Doug Gilmour at a game this year? 

(Removes glove, makes as if to slap you with it) "Sir, I challenge you to a due...."

On 1/5/2020 at 9:40 AM, Taro T said:

Serious question?

On 1/5/2020 at 10:28 AM, GASabresIUFAN said:

No

(Sheepishly replaces glove) Oh, that's fine, then.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.