GDT: Panthers @ Sabres, 1pm, 1/4/20

Andrew Amerk

6 hours ago, woods-racer said:

Highly recommend the Iron Works if you're on a bit of a walk-about the Arena.

Last time I was there after a game they had a really good band , no cover and some great prices on their draft beers.

Thanks but were heading to 716 in a bit, maybe next year. ?

Game was a blast, awesome 90s atmosphere in the arena. Lots of 90s music, guest appearances and jerseys. Good game too! 

3 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

I'm a bit of a goal horn junkie and am quite certain I haven't heard them use it in the 2010s. Only 45% sure I heard it today. Let's hope for 4 more opportunities to check.

I’m going on record as being skeptical that this is a thing.  

separately:

7 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Be prepared for 716 to be an absolute mad house with the Bills game at 430. 

It was, you are right. We had a reserved table but it was a madhouse. Bought an awesome 50th anniversary Sabres mug though (goathead one).

20200104_184309.jpg

Edited by I-90 W

5 hours ago, I-90 W said:

Thanks but were heading to 716 in a bit, maybe next year. ?

Game was a blast, awesome 90s atmosphere in the arena. Lots of 90s music, guest appearances and jerseys. Good game too! 

Glad you had a great time!

That's all that matters.

Helps when the Sabres win!

• Like (+1) 1

That was a nice surprise. Thought we were gonna blow it at the end but hung on for a win. Good efforts form several players. I thought it was one of Johanson's best games and I think they should stick with the Risto in front of the net on the PP idea. Reinhart's better passing it around than being the in front guy imo. Good game from Sheary too. 

Just keep showing the effort and we might have something to build on. 

42 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

That was a nice surprise. Thought we were gonna blow it at the end but hung on for a win. Good efforts form several players. I thought it was one of Johanson's best games and I think they should stick with the Risto in front of the net on the PP idea. Reinhart's better passing it around than being the in front guy imo. Good game from Sheary too. 

Just keep showing the effort and we might have something to build on. 

This.   Was it not tried successfully in early Nov, then abandoned?   It’s no surprise their PP% is so low.  They try the same thing over and over.   Sam has a descent shot (as evidenced today).  The absence of Victor coupled with an overall lack of success demands change. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.