Practice Report 1-3-20

Brawndo

16 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

There are literally 3 forwards on those lines worth anything. In fact, the other ones are all negative impacts

15 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Yea... no we should most assuredly keep our 1st round pick this year... 

Doesn't matter. We'll botch it, rush them in, and burn Eichel's prime

Yes, I am extra salty towards this team right now

47 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

My gosh how is it possible that 5 years after the tank we have a roster still this bad even after just a couple of injuries? smh

While it is only a couple injuries, it's been an assault on the LW organization-wide. At some point, (now adding Olofsson) all of these guys have missed significant time this year:

Skinner, Olofsson.    CJ Smith, Wilson, Leier, Elie.  If CJ Smith were healthy and rolling in ROC, maybe we give him the callup for Skinner. Instead, he's still working back into it. So, it's a Frolik/Asplund patch.

That's not good... but Eichel is resting and Frolik isn't here yet, it's also nothing compared to this*:

Ennis - Girgensons - Stewart
Moulson - Mitchell - Gionta
Deslauriers - Flynn - Foligno
Larsson - Ellis - Hodgson
Benoit - Bogosian
Pysyk - Meszaros
McCabe - Ristolainen
Neuvirth
(Lindback)
*This lineup lost 2-1 via SO vs. the #1 (in points at the time) Predators and backup G Carter Hutton, 2/22/2015.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Gatorman0519 said:

My gosh how is it possible that 5 years after the tank we have a roster still this bad even after just a couple of injuries? smh

Because it takes longer than 5 years to upgrade virtually every position in the organization when you can't use trades because your tank players are NHL junk.

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Yea... no we should most assuredly keep our 1st round pick this year... 

Depends on what it could fetch. We need help now not in 2-3 years. 

We could slap lottery protection on it. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

While it is only a couple injuries, it's been an assault on the LW organization-wide. At some point, (now adding Olofsson) all of these guys have missed significant time this year:

Skinner, Olofsson.    CJ Smith, Wilson, Leier, Elie.  If CJ Smith were healthy and rolling in ROC, maybe we give him the callup for Skinner. Instead, he's still working back into it. So, it's a Frolik/Asplund patch.

That's not good... but Eichel is resting and Frolik isn't here yet, it's also nothing compared to this*:

Benoit - Bogosian
Pysyk - Meszaros
McCabe - Ristolainen
Neuvirth
(Lindback)
*This lineup lost 2-1 via SO vs. the #1 (in points at the time) Predators and backup G Carter Hutton, 2/22/2015.

IIRC, isn't Deslauriers an enforcer with the Ducks now?

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

Benoit - Bogosian
Pysyk - Meszaros
McCabe - Ristolainen
Neuvirth
(Lindback)

I think everyone should remember that THAT was the starting point when the ask why it’s taking so long.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Mustache of God said:

Has there been an update on Tage Thompson? Monday will mark 7 weeks since they said he'd be out 3-5 weeks? I'm guessing he'd be re-assigned to Rochester on a conditioning stint but I'd be curious to see how he works under Kruger + additional AHL seasoning.

He has to stay in Rochester until NHL ready. Buffalo will be a lock to pick in the top 5 so no reason to bring him up to the mess.

17 hours ago, Crosschecking said:

IIRC, isn't Deslauriers an enforcer with the Ducks now?

I had to look it up to confirm -- yes you're right. DLo has carved out a nice 4th line role with MTL and now ANA. Sadly, wherever he's been, he's been on a near bottom-feeder. Good at his role, gets the crowd going, etc. The Sabres players liked him because he opened up space for them and came to their defense.

I think we can all agree though that you don't trade a young defenseman (McNabb) and two 2nd round picks for DLo and another 3/4 F prospect in Fasching. (And I really liked Fasching). You don't construct your roster around DLo. (And I know... GMTM didn't...  he constructed it around Kane, Moulson, Bogo, Lehner, and... McDavid.)

On 1/4/2020 at 11:35 AM, DarthEbriate said:

I had to look it up to confirm -- yes you're right. DLo has carved out a nice 4th line role with MTL and now ANA. Sadly, wherever he's been, he's been on a near bottom-feeder. Good at his role, gets the crowd going, etc. The Sabres players liked him because he opened up space for them and came to their defense.

I think we can all agree though that you don't trade a young defenseman (McNabb) and two 2nd round picks for DLo and another 3/4 F prospect in Fasching. (And I really liked Fasching). You don't construct your roster around DLo. (And I know... GMTM didn't...  he constructed it around Kane, Moulson, Bogo, Lehner, and... McDavid.)

Completely forgot about that trade.

That was one bad trade.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.