Olofsson Out 5 to 6 Weeks with a Lower Body Injury.

Brawndo

Could be like what Skinner did last year.  Looked really bad but was back for the next game.  In Olofsson's case there's only one more game before 4 off days so he might as well sit.

Edited by Doohickie
corrected: I said 9 days off, it's 4
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Could be like what Skinner did last year.  Looked really bad but was back for the next game.  In Olofsson's case there's only one more game before 9 off days so he might as well sit.

If it’s a just a sprain I sit him until after the break. Good timing for an unfortunate situation.  

• Like (+1) 1

On the possible plus side -- this will teach the 1st PP unit that it can't just stand around waiting for an Olofsson snipe. More movement, more Reino in front of the net for more goals? Hopefully. C'mon, let's keep a little optimism here.

On the negative side -- Skinner's injury means he can't just step in and go on the attack. And Thompson is still out so he's not getting the chance to capitalize, either.

Mr. Frolik, you have a glorious opportunity! (And Asplund, too.) I think Lazar has to stay at center for the moment. Now that he's back healthy, Wilson is a good 4 LW to keep that line afloat.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, freester said:

So who takes VOs spot on the line with Jack?  Erod?  If Jack can continue to score with Okposo and Erod he deseves the Hart trophy

With MoJo getting back up to speed after his injury, I'm kind of good keeping Vesey and Sheary with him. Neither Vesey nor Sheary has taken advantage of their limited time with Eichel in the past (edit: obviously, Sheary much more time than Vesey). And I can't break up our only solid line at grinding in the O zone and clamping down on the opposition's top line in the GLO.

So... at some point in just the last couple years Frolik would've skated with Monahan, Gaudreau, Tkachuk, although I don't know his various line combos. I'd say give the new guy the chance with Eichel/Reinhart to be their defensively sound partner who goes to the front of the net and uses veteran savvy to take advantage of the space Eichel creates. Why not?

Edited by DarthEbriate
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.