An Open Letter and Apology to the Aud Club

FogBat

4 minutes ago, Oliver_Cromwell said:

I'm going to say this not from a position of authority, but from a position of experience. If any of you know someone close to you who is suffering from mental issues/illnesses, don't be afraid to help them. At the very least, give them some friendly counsel or advice. If it wasn't for my wife going to my pastor (at the time), nothing would have improved.

Having said that, when they go to seek professional help, help them choose wisely - and that goes for both the psychiatrist AND the licensed counselor. My preliminary doctor and counselor helped me to get going in the right direction, but the ones I'm seeing now are a perfect fit for me.

Great to hear.  Welcome back!

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Eleven said:

Well, I had you on ignore, so something must have ticked me off.

I'm sorry to learn that you were/are overcoming some real challenges.  Hang in there and welcome back.

I don't remember exactly what I said all those years ago that caused you to put me on Ignore, but I'm sure it was justified. You're probably not alone in that department.

Having said that, I haven't seen Scott (SDS) on here. My deepest apologies to him as well. He politely warned me several times to not go into non-hockey related stuff that was sure to cause agitation and aggravation.

In the meantime, I need to ask for a small favor. I want to change my username back to Crosschecking, since that's what most of you knew me by in the past. Plus, I need to change out my avatar as well.

5 hours ago, Oliver_Cromwell said:

I don't remember exactly what I said all those years ago that caused you to put me on Ignore, but I'm sure it was justified. You're probably not alone in that department.

Having said that, I haven't seen Scott (SDS) on here. My deepest apologies to him as well. He politely warned me several times to not go into non-hockey related stuff that was sure to cause agitation and aggravation.

In the meantime, I need to ask for a small favor. I want to change my username back to Crosschecking, since that's what most of you knew me by in the past. Plus, I need to change out my avatar as well.

@SDS please see this post...I think we all know that you're busy tomorrow, though.

8 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Made me look up when I joined , damn 9 years already.    8 july 2011.   Anyway welcome back there have been people kicked off, but I don't remember you though.

You might not remember me since I was handed down a temporary suspension late in 2012 (which, at the time, I refused to accept because I thought back then that it was purely arbitrary). But, as I said earlier, a lot has happened since then. Everyone who has read this thread now understands what happened.

I'm so happy that you are doing better and that your wife recognized and understood some of your needs!  My wife is in the mental health field and often discusses reaching out for help at the right time is so important!  My credit to you, welcome back and enjoy the new ride!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 1/3/2020 at 6:28 PM, Crosschecking said:

Oh, and BTW: I deeply appreciate everyone's support on here with regard to welcoming me back and with my issues. You don't know how much this means to me. Regardless of how we all think, we are all #SabresMafia.

Welcome home.  Happy that you are here and doing better in life.  You are family and we all will help you through this.  Thank you for sharing.

Peace.

• Like (+1) 2

Welcome, I'm new to this forum and I wish you all the best. Life is too short and I'm glad you're in a better place, I look forward to discussing Sabres hockey with you.

I think we have plenty of issues with the Sabres to keep us busy for a looooooonnnnggg time. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

Welcome, I'm new to this forum and I wish you all the best. Life is too short and I'm glad you're in a better place, I look forward to discussing Sabres hockey with you.

I think we have plenty of issues with the Sabres to keep us busy for a looooooonnnnggg time. 

Not sure how I missed welcoming you Mr. KC Scouts?

Maybe I did welcome you?  Can't remember what I had for breakfast, so I may have not missed welcoming you.  

Sent you a welcoming beer, just in case.  Welcome to our little family.  We have our 'moments', as do all families.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.