An Open Letter and Apology to the Aud Club

FogBat

14 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I remember you, but not your unbecoming behavior. 

Well, if it seems like I'm being a bit hard on myself, so be it. I can be very introspective. It's a long story, and I don't want to divulge much of it. But even when I received my suspension late in 2012, I chose not to acknowledge it. Little did I know about my underlying personal issues. TBH, I needed the time away from here.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Oliver_Cromwell said:

Well, if it seems like I'm being a bit hard on myself, so be it. I can be very introspective. It's a long story, and I don't want to divulge much of it. But even when I received my suspension late in 2012, I chose not to acknowledge it. Little did I know about my underlying personal issues. TBH, I needed the time away from here.

I hope you're doing well now! 

Edit: Fully aware that you likely have no idea who i am lol I read for a long time before I posted here 

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

He was so out there and outlandish that I'd just as soon attribute that to luck rather than astute analysis 

Must be someone else you guys are referring to whom I have no recollection of.

17 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I hope you're doing well now! 

Edit: Fully aware that you likely have no idea who i am lol I read for a long time before I posted here 

I'm on the mend. I have a much greater degree of empathy with people who struggle with mental health issues. Before that, my empathy was nonexistent because I was living in denial.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Oliver_Cromwell said:

To all in the Aud Club:

Some of you new guys don't know who I am. The rest of you may remember who I am.

For the record, no one told me to do this. I am doing this of my own volition. I apologize for my unbecoming behavior in the past. I said way too many upsetting and distracting things, and I am deeply sorry for that.

I desire nothing but the best for everyone. GO SABRES!

Dude.  I told the whole city of Buffalo to ***** off.  You're good.  

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I'm on the mend. I have a much greater degree of empathy with people who struggle with mental health issues. Before that, my empathy was nonexistent because I was living in denial.

Glad to hear.. hopefully we can assist in the mending and tearing things down on you.

Is DeLuca67 still on here?

Only in discussions of what .500 hockey is. ? 

13 minutes ago, LTS said:

Glad to hear.. hopefully we can assist in the mending and tearing things down on you.

I'm going to say this not from a position of authority, but from a position of experience. If any of you know someone close to you who is suffering from mental issues/illnesses, don't be afraid to help them. At the very least, give them some friendly counsel or advice. If it wasn't for my wife going to my pastor (at the time), nothing would have improved. He did not claim to be a mental health professional, but he guessed what it might have been and advised me to get the ball rolling.

Having said that, when they go to seek professional help, help them choose wisely - and that goes for both the psychiatrist AND the licensed counselor. My preliminary doctor and counselor helped me to get going in the right direction, but the ones I'm seeing now are a perfect fit for me.

Edited by Oliver_Cromwell
addendum
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.