Trade: Calgary Michael Frolik to Buffalo for a 4th

Brawndo

10 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Not to mention it’s a very useless stat  to gauge a players worth. But I know everyone on these boards know that.

Well, admittedly, I didn't. Then again, I spent a considerable amount of time away from here. Now I need to get caught up back to speed.

8 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

He has a NTC, but cap wise he’d be a fit at 2C, and like Henrique who I mentioned in another thread, he has 4 years left at 5.35 per season. 

8 hours ago, Doohickie said:

It seemed like just about every good play Frolik made was either to or from Backlund.  I was kind of joking when I suggested getting him though.

Kind of.

Veteran Center, played well with Frolik and he's a Swede...…..

He checks off all the boxes.

Go get him Botts...………. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Crosschecking said:

Well, admittedly, I didn't. Then again, I spent a considerable amount of time away from here. Now I need to get caught up back to speed.

Oh ok. Well this is a long winded article but if you want to read about the current thoughts of +/- ....

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/just-doesnt-add-history-future-plus-minus/

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Oh ok. Well this is a long winded article but if you want to read about the current thoughts of +/- ....

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/just-doesnt-add-history-future-plus-minus/

Bunch of Tom Foolery to me.

The plus/minus is the rule of the land. Always has been always will.

You young whipper snapper!

GET  OFF MY LAWN!

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Eleven said:

Has it ever taken this long for a player to report to his new team?

You posted this about 55 hours after the trade was made.  It’s already been said that he was going to have Visa issues that would take a little bit to sort out.

7 hours ago, Curt said:

You posted this about 55 hours after the trade was made.  It’s already been said that he was going to have Visa issues that would take a little bit to sort out.

I know when I posted it, Curt.  It is unusual.  I don't recall any player from any country taking 55 hours to get a visa.  By way of example, there are no reports that a certain Mr. Kovalchuk, also born outside of North America, also switching teams from different countries mid-season, is facing similar battles.

Edited by Eleven

47 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I know when I posted it, Curt.  It is unusual.  I don't recall any player from any country taking 55 hours to get a visa.  By way of example, there are no reports that a certain Mr. Kovalchuk, also born outside of North America, also switching teams from different countries mid-season, is facing similar battles.

They told us there was a problem and that he wouldn't get here until sometime this week. Maybe the Czech government is off due to the holidays

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

I guess I just don’t think it’s a big deal.  I’m sure it’s just a quirk of Czech/US Visa paperwork.

I’m sure he will be with the team before their next game.

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Again, no immigration attorney, but might it be possible that as hockey is effectively the national sport / pastime that Canada expedites the process for foreigners to obtain their visas relative to the US visa issuance process?

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Thanks, Trump.

(psst..  it's a silly joke.  You know who you are)

4 minutes ago, Weave said:

Thanks, Trump.

(psst..  it's a silly joke.  You know who you are)

I know you're joking, but I had an experience that was not funny at all.

This is anecdotal, but our gov't gives immigration carte blanche to f with foreigners entering the country on any whim they fancy, and this seems to have gotten worse over the last couple years...

But it's still possible there's an innocuous explanation for the delay of which we speak.

EDIT: not posting this to express any offense taken or asking for sympathy... just an opportunistic rant!

Edited by erickompositör72

32 minutes ago, erickompositör72 said:

I know you're joking, but I had an experience that was not funny at all.

This is anecdotal, but our gov't gives immigration carte blanche to f with foreigners entering the country on any whim they fancy, and this seems to have gotten worse over the last couple years...

But it's still possible there's an innocuous explanation for the delay of which we speak.

EDIT: not posting this to express any offense taken or asking for sympathy... just an opportunistic rant!

there is a thread on this subject that I started yesterday in the politics club.

9 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

On the Visa issue, doesn't he have to have a US work Visa to cross the boarder and play in the US anyway even though based in Calgary ?  

Not certain about the specifics, but I would assume that working for a Canadian based company and making periodic work trips to the US may require different paperwork than working for a US based company.

For example:  I used to work for an international company.  Colleagues would travel from Canada, Sweden, Brazil, among other places, to our facility.  They would come and work at the US facility for periods of time, but I doubt they had a full US work Visa.

Inversely, I myself travelled to and worked at our Canadian facility at times, yet never needed to acquire a Canadian work Visa.  However, if I was to work in Canada full time, I would assume I would need one though.

Edited by Curt

15 minutes ago, Curt said:

Not certain about the specifics, but I would assume that working for a Canadian based company and making periodic work trips to the US may require different paperwork than working for a US based company.

For example:  I used to work for an international company.  Colleagues would travel from Canada, Sweden, Brazil, among other places, to our facility.  They would come and work at the US facility for periods of time, but I doubt they had a full US work Visa.

Inversely, I myself travelled to and worked at our Canadian facility at times, yet never needed to acquire a Canadian work Visa.  However, if I was to work in Canada full time, I would assume I would need one though.

This is all correct.  I like how you spelled travelled the Canadian (also correct) way.

It takes up to 10 days to get his US visa. This underlying idea that he isn't coming seems so weird. He had to waive a NTC to come here. The only reason he is not here is because his Visa wasn't filed until Thursday which means it will take a few days. That might be a good thing. Gives Frolic a few days to find housing and settle in, go to dinner with some teammates. Get things all taken care of in Calgary. 

Edited by LGR4GM

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.