Trade: Calgary Michael Frolik to Buffalo for a 4th

Brawndo

15 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Good call indeed Liger

So, meh for meh? Seems like Botterills strategy for improving a team is to have a bunch of jag offs running around 

Been like this for 3 losing seasons now.  Why not go back to the same well of surrounding Eichel with nothing but bottom 6 forwards.  I mean atleast he did ‘something’ FINALLY

3 minutes ago, Marchand'sNose said:

Botterill is essentially rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic that has become the 2019-20 Sabres season (and also his GM career).

Nevertheless, I think it's a decent move. The problem is that a lot more of these types of small-time moves need to happen. And they need to happen preferably by last summer. Veterans like Scandella were brought in to improve the locker room culture as much as they were brought in for their on-ice talent. Clearly Scandella hasn't had an effect on the locker room culture, so good riddance.

Here are 6 more players that need to be moved as soon as possible: Bogosian, Miller, Sobotka, Rodrigues, Sheary, and Vesey. None of them will bring more than middle or late round picks or career AHL'ers in return, but my feeling is that their mere presence in the locker room is toxic and cancerous.

I just don't know if the types of big moves that can actually save the season and Botterill's job are out there right now. There are 30 other GM's in the league that likely have zero respect for our GM and so are likely only offering highly unfavorable trades.

Don't know what people expect Botts to pull out his ass at this point. Not defending the guy. He's lying in the bed he made.

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Don't know what people expect Botts to pull out his ass at this point. Not defending the guy. He's lying in the bed he made.

I certainly don't expect anything significant. Not sure anyone does, really. But he's gotta find out a way to salvage the season or there will be (more) pitchforks and torches. 

9 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I certainly don't expect anything significant. Not sure anyone does, really. But he's gotta find out a way to salvage the season or there will be (more) pitchforks and torches. 

If Frolic salvages the season somehow then all the praise for Botts but jfc that looks like something I hope I’m not going to bet my job on.  Where was the forward upgrade in the summer?  This is the forward upgrade we’re looking at after months of speculation, pissing off veteran D by sitting them in the press box and have us sitting outside the playoffs yet again while staring at a real possibility of being a bottom 5 team yet again.  I mean atleast it’s something but after a full calendar year of basically sitting on his hands?  Not.  Nearly. Enough.

Edited by Derrico
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Derrico said:

If Frolic salvages the season somehow then all the praise for Botts but jfc that looks like something I hope I’m not going to bet my job on.  Where was the forward upgrade in the summer?  This is the forward upgrade we’re looking at after months of speculation, pissing off veteran D by sitting them in the press box and have us sitting outside the playoffs yet again while staring at a real possibility of being a bottom 5 yet again.  I mean atleast it’s something but after a full calendar year of basically sitting on his hands?  Not.  Enough.

Johansson?  I know it’s not enough, but he was a good add.

15 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And first line players aren't exactly falling off trees.  They got Eichel, Reinhart, Skinner, Johansson.  That's good talent.  

1 minute ago, Derrico said:

We needed 5 more Johansson moves

So wait 5 months? 

5 minutes ago, inkman said:

He was a Free Agent.  That starts in July.  

Gotcha.  But couldn’t we try for more than 1?  Especially coming off the decade er season we did last year?  Was one forward upgrade going to really be enough? 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The bed he made was made by the GM before him and the owner as well.  Let's be real about that.

3 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Gotcha.  But couldn’t we try for more than 1?  Especially coming off the decade er season we did last year?  Was one forward upgrade going to really be enough? 

Who says they didn't?  Free agents are under no obligation to sign in Buffalo. What does Buffalo have to trade?  Would you have traded away the Cozens pick?

It's quite possible that Frolik gets a better shot in Buffalo at improving his numbers and he gets bounced to another team at the trade deadline.  Scandella wasn't going to be here next year... Frolik doesn't need to be here next year.

1 minute ago, MODO Hockey said:

wow, lol.. bottom 6th for scandella, what a fkn joke

You think Scandella warrants more than that?  Not a chance my friend.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.