Marco Scandella Traded to Montreal for a 2020 4th Round Pick

Brawndo

3 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Taylor Hall was had for Adam freaking Larsson. We got Skinner for a bag of pucks. St. Louis got O'Reilly for a bag of pucks. Brayden Schenn wasn't prohibitively expensive for St. Louis either. Good to great players get traded every season. Every season. Find the bad GMs and trade with them and/or pounce on buy low opportunities. I'm not asking for a McDavid trade here, and neither is anybody else. Trades for good players are not the white whale, they're common. Just have to have a good GM to get it done, which we probably don't have. 

I'd have traded the Mittelstadt pick, I'd have traded the Cozens pick, and I'll happily trade our 1st this June. Jack Eichel is a top-5 forward in the league and in his prime. Skinner is 27. Reinhart is a good player in his prime. Dahlin is cheap. If this isn't the time to pay for current wins instead of possible NHL players 4 years down the line, when is? 

Yes, the situations you listed all have interesting scenarios attached to them.  No one is claiming that it doesn't happen, but it doesn't mean it's always available to happen either. 

The strategy was never win now.  It was never stated to be that way. So, you are probably not going to like much of anything the team does.  You want to go left, they went right. So be it I suppose.

3 hours ago, Derrico said:

Seriously.  

In a hard salary cap era we shouldn’t go a decade missing the playoffs where half the friggen teams make it.   I don’t think it’s unreasonable at this point to be upset.  I don’t think it’s unreasonable that we should be done giving the benefit of the doubt.  How the hell have they not figured it out to atleast be in the playoff hunt after January when you have a top 10 player in the whole league and have barely had any meaningful injuries......If you’re up for making excuses at this point then good for you I guess.

Keep fighting the air then man.  What can I say?

The team had ownership issues, the new owner made mistakes and the impacts of those mistakes don't just disappear overnight.  They don't because the NHL is a hard salary cap and that stifles the ability to flip the roster especially when you blow your picks on bad prospects and horrible trades.  

So, that's how the hell they have not managed to do it. 

I'm not making excuses. I'm stating what happened.  There are no excuses, there are reasons. 

Again, keep fighting the air.. 

13 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

No freaking clue. 

13 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Yup. It does nothing. Frolik is at best our 3rd lw.

I have reconsidered. I don't hate the move or like it. I feel indifferent towards it. Let's see what Frolik brings. Any upgrade is good at this point. 

18 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I’m surprised you think this might be an upgrade at forward.

Bottom 6 forward maybe. I am just willing to let him play a game. Honestly though, this isn't enough of a move from Botterill. We have bottom 6 players, even if Frolik helps on the PK it at best provides a very marginal improvement. 

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

I think there is a very good chance that Frolik will be an upgrade over the non-Reino RWs, who have all been pretty bad.

If he plays RW I agree. My concern is that they view him as a LW. Right now that is fine because Olofsson and Skinner are out but going forward, having another 3rd lw on this team just seems redundant with Sheary, Vesey, Erod, and even Zemgus able to fill that role. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.