Marco Scandella Traded to Montreal for a 2020 4th Round Pick

Brawndo

This is a perfectly fine move.  Scandy had negative trade value at the end of last season.  RK was able to rehabilitate his value and the Sabres were able to get a pick for him, clearing some cap space and easing the logjam at D so Miller doesn’t need to be healthy-scratched.

It’s not the good forward we need but that wasn’t going to happen in a Scandy trade. 

1 minute ago, Carmel Corn said:

Given the curse of the 50th season so far, it would be Buffalo's luck that all of a sudden we start having a rash of D-men injuries.  Our situation could go from having a surplus to a deficit of NHL blue liners.  I don't like to think this way, but why not expect this?

Does it matter?  Then we miss the playoffs by 25 points instead of 15?

Ok I’m done.  Let’s just hope this is a start to more things to come but that’s how I’ve felt since last May so not holding my breath.

24 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Remember that time we thought we would be moving a D to bring in a top 6 forward?  ***** does Botts love his bottom 6 forwards.....

What's the alternative?  Teams generally aren't giving away 30 goal scorers at this point of the season.  

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, inkman said:

What's the alternative?  Teams generally aren't giving away 30 goal scorers at this point of the season.  

or ever...

But apparently that's possible in the world of the stressed out Sabres fan... ?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.