GDT: Oilers @ Sabres; 1-2-2020, 7pm EDT

WildCard

As long as Ullmark gets the start, am expecting a W.

One awful botched pass leading to a horribly timed penalty aside, Johansson has looked good the past 3 games (though only had luck luck in the last 1).  Wondering if he's finally past a nagging injury.  His resurgence and home ice vs a 1 line team should be enough to help Eichel & the Larsson line get them through this one.

But, for the love of all that's holy, please no stupid penalties.

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 2

• nfreeman pinned and pinned this topic
37 minutes ago, Taro T said:

As long as Ullmark gets the start, am expecting a W.

One awful botched pass leading to a horribly timed penalty aside, Johansson has looked good the past 3 games (though only had luck luck in the last 1).  Wondering if he's finally past a nagging injury.  His resurgence and home ice vs a 1 line team should be enough to help Eichel & the Larsson line get them through this one.

But, for the love of all that's holy, please no stupid penalties.

MoJo looked obviously not right for awhile. Hopefully he is all better, as he has looked recently. 

• Like (+1) 1

cut.jpg

The Sabres are back it at today with a game against the Edmonton Oilers. Faceoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. with pregame coverage on MSG starting at 6:30. 

• This is the second of two meetings between the Sabres and Oilers this season.
  • Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Edmonton 3-2 (OT) in Edmonton on Dec. 8, 2019
  • The Sabres are 5-4-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Oilers; 5-4-1 at home.
  • With a win tonight, the Sabres would sweep the season series with the Oilers for the third time in four seasons. Edmonton won both matchups in the 2018-19 season. The teams haven't split a series since 2013-14, the first season that they resumed facing off twice a year.

Hope to see a focused team tonight.   RK preached mental toughness, learn, and put the last game away.   

Edmonton is at DeLuca .500 and 5 points ahead of Buffalo, which surprised me. I think we should win if Uhlmark plays a strong game.  

Pretty even matchup so we need the goalie to make a difference.  

Happy New Year SS’ers.  I hope they can shut down Connor and Leon like last time.  Jack with a statement performance (3g 1a).  Two of those come on the PP.

Go SABRES!

Side note, any one in the Boston area going to the Harp on Saturday for the Sabres-Bills combo?

5 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I know I’m in the minority, but I feel bad for Hutton. And with Ullmark being played so much, I feel bad for him. He’s being run into the ground IMO.

4-3 Oilers

Reinhart, Larsson or Joker with a goal.

I think Huts has just reached the end of his career. He just woke up one day older and slower and he can't get the job done no more 

Edited by bob_sauve28

1 minute ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I think Huts has just reached the end of his career. He just woke up one day older and slower and he can't get the job done no more 

I'd expect he's got a bit more in the tank, but needs to get his head screwed on right.  Problem is, even if he gets back towards his ceiling, it still leaves the Sabres with 2 very good backups / poor starters (aka Marty Birons).  Biron was a favorite Sabre, but prior to trading Miller he'd been the weakest starter they had since Tom Draper.

1 hour ago, Weave said:

One team that has stopped believing in itself (again) against another team that just got its heart ripped out and shown to it, primed for the belief to be gone.

At least this one is boys vs. boys.  We got a punchers chance here.

And we have a puncher!!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Cant play Ullmark  every game.  If Hutton cant ever go in we need to find another goalie.

Hutton will start in Detroit.  He will then either be back in the rotation every 3 or so games, or he'll be in Ra-cha-cha and we'll get to see if the Hamburglar can work some of that magic he once had.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Eichel+Reinhart?  Ok, not worth watching

After the gym workout this morning they had a bite to eat, some expresso and then they went merrily on a tandem bike ride.  Hopefully some of Jack's work ethic can rub off. . .

Edited by Cityo'Rasmii

Yeah so its a new year. Out with the old, in with the new. But one place in the entire universe that won’t happen is with the Sabres. Same old same old. Wash , rinse, repeat. Seasons half over and we’re again trending bottom 5. Our GM is nowhere to be seen. Our coach seems to have no answers. This whole idea of internal competition for jobs applies to half the lineup. Other guys can disappear or not show up and they aren’t displaced. We went into the season missing pieces and there is still no one thats stepped up or been brought in for those positions. And guys want out. Two that we’re aware of. This is mutiny territory. The city self identifies as hockey heaven or maybe not. The owner did at one time. Clearly the owner is an abject failure at hockey ownership. Money can’t buy you love. Nor brains apparently. And if you’re listening Jbottom i want out too. Trade me for a bucket of pucks. Get what you can. You suck.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.