The Sabres have moved Saturday's game to 1pm.

Eleven

55 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Understandable, but I always think about the people who can't go now.

They are throwing tantrums on facebook right now complaining about how bad of a move this is.

From the looks of it, if the time change is an issue, the Sabres are asking the fans complaining to call the ticket office, I get the impression they will either refund your tickets or swap tickets for another game. 

So, they didn't want to go with the LA fan fashionably late arriving crowd?

Too bad the NFL frowns on having massive viewing parties (because people attending don't get counted in Nielsen ratings - at least they didn't back in the '90's, which is why they stopped showing the Bills-Fish game in Miami in the Practice Facility) because they could've had the entire crowd in the building by 4:00PM and might've run out of beer before they typically cut off sales at the start of the 3rd period.

Would've been fun to watch the Bills game in the MMArena.

2 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Complaining to complain ya can’t please everybody. Bloody hell. Overall I think it was the right thing to do and pleases the majority of fans. Full stop.

Who pissed in your Cheerios?  

Simply made an observation that the Sabres didn't want an empty barn for the 1st period (or possibly longer if people decided to stay to celebrate the victory where they were watching the Bill's game) which dollars to donuts is the biggest reason they moved the game.

And then said it would've been fun to watch both games at the MMArena.  Which it absolutely would have been.  But the NFL frowns seriously on large scale viewing parties, so that was almost positively NOT an option.  (It wasn't last week for the Kings/Cheatriots combo which also could've been fun. And the barn will likely empty early as people try to find places to watch the Bill's game - just like the place cleared out nearly completely with the empty netter.)

9 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Who pissed in your Cheerios?  

Simply made an observation that the Sabres didn't want an empty barn for the 1st period (or possibly longer if people decided to stay to celebrate the victory where they were watching the Bill's game) which dollars to donuts is the biggest reason they moved the game.

And then said it would've been fun to watch both games at the MMArena.  Which it absolutely would have been.  But the NFL frowns seriously on large scale viewing parties, so that was almost positively NOT an option.  (It wasn't last week for the Kings/Cheatriots combo which also could've been fun. And the barn will likely empty early as people try to find places to watch the Bill's game - just like the place cleared out nearly completely with the empty netter.)

I wasn’t talking to you specifically. Relax. You took my comment personally. Hey if you don’t like the change ... Um ok. 

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

I wasn’t talking to you specifically. Relax. You took my comment personally. Hey if you don’t like the change ... Um ok. 

So, who were you referring to?  The faceless Facebook posters?  They were the only ones here complaining about the change in this thread.

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Understandable, but I always think about the people who can't go now.

My son is getting the shaft over this one.  Was going with his GF.  She changed her schedule so she could make the 7pm start.  Now she’s locked in and he spent money on a date night that won’t happen.

Its not like kids starting out have money to burn.....

The one and only way I’ll pay to see this ***** show live is I may take them off his hands.

It doesn't really make a difference to me one way or another, but I certainly can see how people who are busy on Saturday afternoon and were looking forward to the game would be disappointed. Not every Sabres fan cares about the Bills.

On the other hand, some people who have to work Saturday evening and/or night might be able to go to the game now.

4 minutes ago, Weave said:

My son is getting the shaft over this one.  Was going with his GF.  She changed her schedule so she could make the 7pm start.  Now she’s locked in and he spent money on a date night that won’t happen.

Its not like kids starting out have money to burn.....

The one and only way I’ll pay to see this ***** show live is I may take them off his hands.

The Sabres are taking care of replacing tickets and/or giving refunds, it seems.  Also let me know if you're coming into town!  I'm back in Buffalo for a couple of weeks.

Edited by Eleven

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.