Sabres Waive Dalton Smith

Brawndo

Just now, tom webster said:

If that’s really a legit account of a NHL executive that has to be an all time body shot and requires a Sabre’s response.

It is legitimate, he deleted within 60 seconds, perhaps he has a burner account that he meant to send it from.

And to make matters worst, he is the de facto GM of the Hurricanes. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, tom webster said:

If that’s really a legit account of a NHL executive that has to be an all time body shot and requires a Sabre’s response.

Nope, they already waived any chance of a response. 

Further proof how much of a joke this franchise is to the entire league.  We're getting laughed at by Carolina, who is far from an upper echelon franchise, with plenty of warts of their own. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

It is legitimate, he deleted within 60 seconds, perhaps he has a burner account that he meant to send it from.

And to make matters worst, he is the de facto GM of the Hurricanes. 

I so want to hear a response from JNOT on the radio today but I know like everything else with him, forget it.

• Like (+1) 3

People, a move like this reeks and is shambolic. What they have done with this Smith kid is bush league. The culture of this team will never change with someone like JB in charge. He should be ashamed of himself. Really making Buffalo a destination players want to sign with???? I think RK should be in full control because I believe he would change the culture from the top down. I hope Smith gets picked up. JB stop playing games with people. Do your job!!!!! While you still have one.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

People, a move like this reeks and is shambolic. What they have done with this Smith kid is bush league. The culture of this team will never change with someone like JB in charge. He should be ashamed of himself. Really making Buffalo a destination players want to sign with???? I think RK should be in full control because I believe he would change the culture from the top down. I hope Smith gets picked up. JB stop playing games with people. Do your job!!!!! While you still have one.

Tampa should sign him to beat up our players. Wouldn't be a problem. Sabres would lose every game and get their ass kicked. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

Tampa should sign him to beat up our players. Wouldn't be a problem. Sabres would lose every game and get their ass kicked. 

I know we're all being tongue-in-cheek, but don't worry, he's going to clear waivers. Dalton will be back in Rochester tomorrow to help the Amerks to the playoffs.

Just now, DarthEbriate said:

I know we're all being tongue-in-cheek, but don't worry, he's going to clear waivers. Dalton will be back in Rochester tomorrow to help the Amerks to the playoffs.

Which I'm excited about.  Might do one of those party things along the glass at the opposite end of the Zamboni entrance.  Sabrespacers Unite!!

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

Obviously, because we're the only team that would have called him up to begin with.  Also, he better clear because there will be more times when we need to be retroactively tough.

4 minutes ago, miles said:

I thought he had a 2 way contract, I thought he didn't need to clear waivers to get sent down?

Depends on whether he officially cleared waivers to end up on the Amerks on his AHL deal or not.  Which he likely didn't because he wasn't on an NHL deal until a few days ago.

If he did, then he wasn't up nearly long enough to have waivers factor in.  If he didn't back in September/October then he'd need to clear waivers now.

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

He does and he does 

So, he didn't before. 

?

1 hour ago, inkman said:

If I were the TBL GM, I would do this. It would be too funny to pass up. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.