Five decades of Sabres hockey word association

PASabreFan

Almost exactly 10 years ago, I created a thread that asked people to associate one word with each decade of Sabres hockey.

https://www.sabrespace.com/community/topic/16348-four-decades-of-sabres-hockey/

In almost the blink of an eye, here we are again. (And because there was a Year Zero for Sabres hockey, we don't have to debate whether this is truly the end of a Sabres' decade. Right?)

Picking up where I left off:

70s: Fever

80s: Letdown

90s: Close

00s: Change (would go with Taro's Letdown if I could go back in time)

10s: Stupid

Your turn.

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

Almost exactly 10 years ago, I created a thread that asked people to associate one word with each decade of Sabres hockey.

In almost the blink of an eye, here we are again. (And because there was a Year Zero for Sabres hockey, we don't have to debate whether this is truly the end of a Sabres' decade. Right?)

Your turn.

ClusterfUkc

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Your turn.

? Went with "rollercoaster", not letdown.

11 nailed this past decade, but just to choose something different will go with Groundhogs-day.

24 minutes ago, Taro T said:

? Went with "rollercoaster", not letdown.

11 nailed this past decade, but just to choose something different will go with Groundhogs-day.

I knew that. I had a fever of 102.5 last night. I think my brain got fried. Yep, that's my problem.

2 hours ago, Weave said:

I think it has to be suffering.  Coined by Darcy in 2010.  Lasting through 2020 (at least).  It really has defined the decade.

It was actually in 2013 that that defining word was uttered; but it sums up everything post tanking decision and also works for pre-tanking events from this decade such as Miller-Lucic, Vanek-Boychuk, and Pominville-less game 7 vs Filly.

On 12/28/2019 at 4:19 PM, PASabreFan said:

We could toss in what you think the 20s word will be.

I'll go with Stupid or Dynasty.

Stupid wins.  

Unless 6K is amazing and unless they turn over about 6 forwards, this team will waste Jack's years.  And I don't see both of those conditions being met.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.