Skinner out 3-4 Weeks with an UBI

Brawndo

46 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

Why ? 

One of the most stupid things ive read on this forum since i joined. Jesus christ.

Overpaid and too long a term with a significant concussion history   Botteril should be fired for this contract alone. We’ll be lucky if Skinner gets 20 goals this year 

Just now, freester said:

Overpaid and too long a term with a significant concussion history   Botteril should be fired for this contract alone. We’ll be lucky if Skinner gets 20 goals this year 

And whos fault is that you believe? please think outside the box. Skinner obviously need a talanted players next to him, which Buffalo Sabres does not have in their lineup, simple as that. Looking at his 40 goal scoring season it is obvious what he needs. 

It's all about building a team, which this organisation obviously cannot do. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MODO Hockey said:

And whos fault is that you believe? please think outside the box. Skinner obviously need a talanted players next to him, which Buffalo Sabres does not have in their lineup, simple as that. Looking at his 40 goal scoring season it is obvious what he needs. 

It's all about building a team, which this organisation obviously cannot do. 

Its Botterils fault plain and simple. The Sabres will continue to suck until he is replaced by an astute GM. 

3 hours ago, Ogelthorpe said:

I said ONE of the worst. It's right up there with Leino, Erhoff, and Cody. 

add Okposso and Moulson to the list of bad contracts. Makes you think why bother signing any free agents.  Of course since we have little ready on the farm, and we are in our 3rd GM of the decade, and our track record for developing talent in that period is poor ... makes things look pretty dire.  

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, freester said:

Its Botterils fault plain and simple. The Sabres will continue to suck until he is replaced by an astute GM. 

Exactly, so dont blame this on one contract. Jeff Skinner is a very talanted goalscorer, they aquired this 40 goal scorer for that reason, Jbot was not able to extend that with a realiable center and that is the biggest issue here, not skinners contract by it self. Anyone with a little hockey sense can tell what he need to be able to produce, its like in school, unless you give some kids the right tools they aint gonna thrive. Were all different and if were getting the right tools we can do wonders. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

25 goals in the calendar year 2019 will get fans thinking that way. He's a one-way, one-trick player who's producing very little down the lineup.

On a brighter note, Dahlin has two goals all season. Would love to go back in time and make that prediction in the Dahlin: How Many Norrises? thread and watch heads explode.

I mean, Dahlin is 15th in the league in points per game for D men. Pretty good. Goals aren’t really the stat most look to for D men. 

Don’t think many thought he’d be winning Norris trophies at 19.

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

Exactly, so dont blame this on one contract. Jeff Skinner is a very talanted goalscorer, they aquired this 40 goal scorer for that reason, Jbot was not able to extend that with a realiable center and that is the biggest issue here, not skinners contract by it self. Anyone with a little hockey sense can tell what he need to be able to produce, its like in school, unless you give some kids the right tools they aint gonna thrive. Were all different and if were getting the right tools we can do wonders. 

Who said I was blaming Botterils incompetence on one overpaid contract?  It’s a series of poor moves that set the franchise back years. Skinners stats last year were inflated by playing with Jack much like Okposos were inflated by playing with Tavares. Skinners a better player but he’s a defensive liability and that contract will look just as bad as Okposos in a few years 

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I mean, Dahlin is 15th in the league in points per game for D men. Pretty good. Goals aren’t really the stat most look to for D men. 

Dahlin will be great. Patience is required. Defensemen take much longer to develop. By the time he is 24 he will be a Norris nominee 

2 minutes ago, freester said:

Who said I was blaming Botterils incompetence on one overpaid contract?  It’s a series of poor moves that set the franchise back years. Skinners stats last year were inflated by playing with Jack much like Okposos were inflated by playing with Tavares. Skinners a better player but he’s a defensive liability and that contract will look just as bad as Okposos in a few years 

Exactly, skinner needs a talanted center and there is our problem, we dont have one for him except Jack. 
His contract is well worth with a good center.

48 minutes ago, freester said:

I don’t think Skinner is really a defensive liability.  He backchecks well at least.

47 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Skinner will be a consistent 30 goal scorer if we had a true 2c.  

Unfortunately there is no plan to obtain one. Trading a first round pick for Montour appears even more foolish as well. We could have used that first with other pieces to possibly trade for a number 2 C

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Skinner isn't built for the physical game he's been playing lately, or at least, trying to.

He needs a top notch center to roll with, a RW with size and near equal speed would be nice to, but a center is a must. Is Cozens that guy? So young yet? I just don't know, but Skinner really needs some help on that second line if they're hell bent on keeping Olofsson on LW for Eichel.

Personally, I like Skinner with Eichel, the chemistry last season was just so obvious. But, that's just my take.

From what little I've seen of Cozens he is a solid and complete player. gets in front and seems to enjoy contact and playing physical. Totally different type of player than we have on the roster now and exactly what we lack. I see him perfectly suited to play between Olofsson (speedy shooter) and Johanson (good skating playmaker). He will screen better than Reinhart and pick up a lot of dirty rebounds.

Skinner would be better back with Jack, and I would trade/replace Reinhart but that's a long standing different discussion. 

Asplund on the 3rd line but I wish we'd drafted Frost instead of Mitts (who is apparently not looking good in Rochester).

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, freester said:

The Skinner contract was a disaster but we also all know JBot had no choice. If he'd not signed Skinner and got nothing for him we'd all have been screaming for his firing last summer. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, freester said:

The rhetoric I’m hearing on Cozens sounds very similar to the Mittlestadt propaganda that came out after he was drafted. Let’s give Cozens time to develop in Rochester and not count on him to be a 2 C next year.

I think the vast majority think this way. Only a few fans actually think Cozens will in fact be a viable option at center as a 19 year old green horn. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.