Skinner out 3-4 Weeks with an UBI

Brawndo

Skinner isn't built for the physical game he's been playing lately, or at least, trying to.

He needs a top notch center to roll with, a RW with size and near equal speed would be nice to, but a center is a must. Is Cozens that guy? So young yet? I just don't know, but Skinner really needs some help on that second line if they're hell bent on keeping Olofsson on LW for Eichel.

Personally, I like Skinner with Eichel, the chemistry last season was just so obvious. But, that's just my take.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Ogelthorpe said:

I said ONE of the worst. It's right up there with Leino, Erhoff, and Cody. 

Ok you are obviously entitled to your opinion.

my take ...

For what Erhoff did prior to becoming a Sabre, his contract was understandable. He was at the time of the trade, one of the if not, THE top guy to grab. And for a 4th round pick.. He was a solid point producing Dman for a few years leading up to the Sabres acquiring him.  Contract at the time was not terrible.

2 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Probably shoulder ...

Hey, maybe this will light a fire under JB a little more to replace a top six winger. But now it’s a position of weakness and he may not get fair value/worth for what he may get.

This team has been short a top 6 player all offseason and all of this year.  I have no clue why JBott is acting as if his job is so safe.

2 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Ok you are obviously entitled to your opinion.

my take ...

For what Erhoff did prior to becoming a Sabre, his contract was understandable. He was at the time of the trade, one of the if not, THE top guy to grab. And for a 4th round pick.. He was a solid point producing Dman for a few years leading up to the Sabres acquiring him.  Contract at the time was not terrible.

Ehrhoff was a really good contract except the term, and even that was quite tolerable. 10 years for a 28 year-old who doesn't play a rough/tumble game; the last 2 seasons you could easily move him or buy him out. The CBA rule changes spread the cap hit evenly as opposed to allowing Buffalo to drop the hit with its silly $10 million for the first year and made the cap penalty worse... after he'd signed. Add to that the front office's effort to tank (hardly Ehrhoff's fault) and he was more valuable off the team. But 4 million hit for a PP QB and 3/4 d-man is a good contract.

If Jokihaju becomes Ehrhoff with a bit better defensive presence I'll be ecstatic... and Joker will cost us more than 4M/season, regardless of inflation.

As to Skinner's injury. Dang. He's been dangerous, he's been snakebitten (the exploding stick in the slot the most egregious), and now we're really without scoring threats.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

Why ? 

One of the most stupid things ive read on this forum since i joined. Jesus christ.

25 goals in the calendar year 2019 will get fans thinking that way. He's a one-way, one-trick player who's producing very little down the lineup.

On a brighter note, Dahlin has two goals all season. Would love to go back in time and make that prediction in the Dahlin: How Many Norrises? thread and watch heads explode.

8 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

25 goals in the calendar year 2019 will get fans thinking that way. He's a one-way, one-trick player who's producing very little down the lineup.

On a brighter note, Dahlin has two goals all season. Would love to go back in time and make that prediction in the Dahlin: How Many Norrises? thread and watch heads explode.

haha, 

Yea well its not skinners fault that we dont have any good centers to be fair. Hockey is about team sport, u need to be able to see what certain players need and that is for SURE not Jbot or for that matter Ralph Kerugers ability. These 2 suck for real when it comes to building a team. Looking at the lineups game after game makes me wanna puke. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.