GDT Bruins at Sabres 12/27/19 7pm MSG WGR

Brawndo

35 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

The loss of Kyle and Larry on a thin O corps was significant.

We have the depth to handle Scandella's absence.

I like those lines.

One of those few times the lines actually match the depth chart (best C with best LW and RW, 2C with 2nd best...)

• Like (+1) 1

cut.jpg

The Buffalo Sabres are back from the holiday break and will play the Boston Bruins tonight. 

The GMC Game Night pregame show begins at 6:30 p.m. on MSG. Faceoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. on MSG and WGR 550.

• This is the second of four meetings between the Sabres and Bruins this season.
  • Last meeting: Boston defeated Buffalo 3-2 in Boston on Nov. 21
  • Next meeting: Sunday, Dec. 29 in Boston
  • The Sabres are 4-5-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Bruins; 1-6-3 at home.
  • The road team has won six of the nine games between these teams in the last two seasons.

This h&h series will be really interesting IMHO.

The Sabres have been good at home, but bad on the road though they do give solid effort until the horn blows (Filly game not withstanding).  The Bruins are one of the few in the league's best squad discussions.  (Threw up a little in the mouth just writing that.)  If the Sabres can get a split (or even, Chrietmas miracle find a way to ride Eichel's hometown coattails to 3 or 4 out of 4) it'll be an indication that they are what they seem: a team that is improved from last year and close to a playoff spot but not quite there.

IMHO, the reason they win at home but lose on the road is they are able to get favorable line and pairing matchups at home to minimize the deficiencies in the 2nd and 3rd scoring lines and make use of the Larsson line to it's full abilities.  But on the road, Krueger can't force those matchups and the lack of a top 6 F and another middle 6 guy pretty much dooms the effort.  (Not to mention Hutton typically gets road starts if any.)

Winning at home against the B's would indicate they're on the right path (though 2nd line reinforcement(s) would be huge) as they really are a good team (rats, there's that bile in the back of the throat taste again) and any win over them is a quality win.

So, might as well get the W.  4-2 w/ an EN.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This is the one home game I'll be in attendance for this year.

I'm guessing, in typical Sabres fashion that after a long break the well rested team will come out absolutely flat for the first two periods and then make it slightly interesting in the third, but too little too late, let in an empty net goal while down two late, bruins win 5-2.

Or, Jack, eager to start a newer and better point streak, has a huge game against the Bruins and the Sabres throttle them winning 7-3.

Go sabres.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Zamboni said:

I’m usually optimistic. But I can’t with this game. The gang had too much eggnog and cookies.

5-2 Bruins.

Johansson, Vesey, or Joker with a goal.

Call me crazy but I think we win tonight, win again in Boston, and then pummel the Lightning.   

Thinking Hutton might have to play the middle game, that makes me crazier.  

2 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Like a train wreck in slow motion, I'll watch and hope it doesn't derail.

Go Sabres!

I'll be impressed if we actually show up and play well/hard for 60 minutes.

Until we start doing that every game, there isn't much point in discussing the finer points.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

I'll be impressed if we actually show up and play well/hard for 60 minutes.

Until we start doing that every game, there isn't much point in discussing the finer points.

I agree. This is the first game I've had tickets to that I'm questioning if I even want to go...I'm hoping they prove me wrong.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.