Mattias Samuelsson Named Captain of US WJC Team

Brawndo

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

My problem with the pick is Samuelssons agility. His edges and turning get exposed at speed. I'm fairly certain a player like Cozens could just cut around him. If Samuelsson improves his agility, he projects as a #4 defender with pk aptitude. 

Johnson is impo the better of our 2 recent defense selections. 

In my limited viewings, I have not seen Samuelsson getting beat to the outside, on the contrary he has stepped up against the rush quite well.Not watching him right now. Curious to hear what others are seeing against Cozens and similar skaters.

On 12/26/2019 at 1:46 PM, dudacek said:

In my limited viewings, I have not seen Samuelsson getting beat to the outside, on the contrary he has stepped up against the rush quite well.Not watching him right now. Curious to hear what others are seeing against Cozens and similar skaters.

That's great to hear. He's very solid in his own end. He can be a decent piece if he has improved his skating. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.