GDT: Buffalo at Ottawa, Dec. 23, 2019, 7:30 ET, MSG, WGR

Doohickie

We need 2 more legitimate NHL top 6 forwards.  One 2C. One big winger.  Until then we are going to have nights like this.  

We play 7 defensemen so we don’t run 4 lines, we shorten the bench early.  Eichel looks exhausted.  This roster set up is not sustainable in today’s NHL.  

I said to start the GDT that this was going to be a tough game.  Hot goalie, determined effort by Sens. 

Just now, Pimlach said:

We need 2 more legitimate NHL top 6 forwards.  One 2C. One big winger.  Until then we are going to have nights like this.  

We play 7 defensemen so we don’t run 4 lines, we shorten the bench early.  Eichel looks exhausted.  This roster set up is not sustainable in today’s NHL.  

I said to start the GDT that this was going to be a tough game.  Hot goalie, determined effort by Sens. 

Actually several teams are playing 7 defenseman and playing their top players more. Of course you need some depth to pull it off.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

This is honestly a scary thing. 

7 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Well I never really thought this was a good team to begin with but this is still a pretty awful loss with a four-game losing streak coming up right around the corner against 2 Boston and one Tampa Bay. I would like to say the season was fun while it lasted but it really sucked again

Too negative.  

Some rest and home cooking.  We could split with Boston.  We should come out smoking versus Tampa.  

6 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Guys... I’ve come to a conclusion, outside of Eichel and a couple other guys... this team is trash.  Anyone even considering this is a playoff team is fooling themselves.  

Ok, I’ll bite.  Who are the others?  

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

They need to come up with a balanced team.  Too many players are alike.  Need more guys that will play in front.  Grind it out in the corners.  Get physical when needed.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, tom webster said:

And that’s the crap that JBOT and RK keep telling themselves. Last year he didn’t make a move because he believed the team wasn’t good enough. This year he keeps talking about how much he likes this group. 

Whatever results in the ends of not making a move, determines what his means of rationalization are. 

5 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Dahlin did one or two really small things that i've never seen before tonight, and was very good. 

The playoffs are not a serious consideration for a team that has played eastern conference opponents for those seeds sixteen times since October ended, and has won just 4 of those games.

Not for the fans, nor likely the GM pre-season. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.