GDT: Buffalo at Ottawa, Dec. 23, 2019, 7:30 ET, MSG, WGR

Doohickie

Just now, Nitro60 said:

Disagree.  They were not at all.  

2 minutes ago, tom webster said:

And that’s the crap that JBOT and RK keep telling themselves. Last year he didn’t make a move because he believed the team wasn’t good enough. This year he keeps talking about how much he likes this group. 

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I disagree with this.

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Ok. 

Respect all of your takes.

Im not an analytics guy, but I’m pretty sure most of them will support my take, just like the shot clock does.

They needed to be better, but 3 out of 5 nights they win this game.

Just now, dudacek said:

Im not an analytics guy, but I’m pretty sure most of them will support my take, just like the shot clock does.

I don't necessarily disagree even. It's just not very relevant to me, when it wasn't by a significant margin regardless, and because it's Ottawa. Expectation should be a win full stop. 

• Like (+1) 1

They showed some hustle in the third, but the number of turnovers made and puck battles lost by the ERod/Sheary duo is truly frightening.

Scandella had a good game, and Dahlin looked dangerous in the 3rd, as good as he’s looked at year.

Reinhart looked sluggish and frustrated. He showed more temper the past two games than the rest of the season combined.

Please, JBot, give us a real top six forward for Christmas.

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

My beef is they spent a lot of time in the Sens end but kept to the perimeter.  Easy shots to stop.  Sens out played them when it counted in the third.

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

They showed some hustle in the third, but the number of turnovers made and puck battles lost by the ERod/Sheary duo is truly frightening.

Scandella had a good game, and Dahlin looked dangerous in the 3rd, as good as he’s looked at year.

Reinhart looked sluggish and frustrated. He showed more temper the past two games than the rest of the season combined.

Please, JBot, give us a real top six forward for Christmas.

Trade freeze in affect, Botts doesn't have to worry haha

I'm just going to straight out say it...……………..I've seen more than enough, Jason Botterill's plan is a complete failure.

Win, Lose, it wouldn't have mattered tonight. There are just an awful lot of problems to address with this roster, some self inflicted, some lack of action and some pre existing.

But it is painfully obvious this organization will continue to waffle in to obscurity until the roster is properly addressed. 2.5 years is ample time to begin to see results, imho.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Sabres were the better team tonight.

I don’t think so.   No one on Buffalo played as well as Anderson, Pagaut, Tkchuck, or Chabot did for the Sens.  

Linus played well.  Zemgus and ERod hustled.  Eichel tried hard but came up short. 

Our forwards would not get in front of the net so Anderson saw everything and gave us no second chances.  When we got him moving and had numbers around the net he was fantastic.  

Guys like Reinhart, Skinner and Johansson are not pulling their weight.  Veterans like McCabe and Bogo made big mistakes to cause goals. 

Kruger tries to be confident and upbeat but the jury is still out.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, woods-racer said:

How many Sam backhand passes to the other team that wind up a scoring chances till Sam sits?

Sam needs to be better, but this has got to stop.

He has 10 points in 11 December games and is a plus player.

Marcus Johansson has 5 points and is -4. Skinner has 4 points and -6. Vesey 4 points, Sheary 3, Rodrigues 1.

A “bad” Sam Reinhart is still easily one of our best forwards.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I knew analytics was going to make the scene here, because I knew they had a ton of shot attempts.

my eye said that maybe 3 looked dangerous. Everything to the outside. Everything telegraphed. It was bad.

They continue to be too small in front of the net.

Edited by SwampD
  • Thanks (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Yeah, I didn’t mean it as a shot at you but I’m way past accepting anything but wins and I can’t believe this GM still has a job. He has constructed a terrible team and after three years their impact forwards are all Tim Murray guys except Skinner.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Yeah, I didn’t mean it as a shot at you but I’m way past accepting anything but wins and I can’t believe this GM still has a job. He has constructed a terrible team and after three years their impact forwards are all Tim Murray guys except Skinner.

Yes.  And what do we have for Kane and ROR?  

9 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I knew analytics was going to make the scene here, because I knew they had a ton of shot attempts.

my eye said that maybe 3 looked dangerous. Everything to the outside. Everything telegraphed. It was bad.

The analytics indeed tell us that the Sabres avoid non-point/outside shots like the plague compared to other teams, for the millionth season in a row 

13 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Marcus Johansson has 5 points and is -4. Skinner has 4 points and -6. Vesey 4 points, Sheary 3, Rodrigues 1.

Sam has ranged from quiet to great since we left for the western Canada road trip 

15 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Sad

4 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I do want to say that I really like watching Olofsson play. He looks great. I had my doubts about him surviving in the NHL, but his board work has come so much farther than I thought it was going to come this year. 

I just wanted to ask about Olofsson.  I know about football contracts but am a babe in the woods about hockey contracts.

What type of contract is Olofsson looking at signing next year?

7 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I do want to say that I really like watching Olofsson play. He looks great. I had my doubts about him surviving in the NHL, but his board work has come so much farther than I thought it was going to come this year. 

I think he’s my second favorite player this year, and one of the few reasons we have to not give up all hope for the near-term future. 

5 minutes ago, Cheektorado said:

I just wanted to ask about Olofsson.  I know about football contracts but am a babe in the woods about hockey contracts.

What type of contract is Olofsson looking at signing next year?

RFA. Both him and Reinhart after this season. It’ll be interesting to see how that plays out. It’s Olofsson’s first year but he actually seems like the better player so far. 

• Like (+1) 1

Tonight's a good night to call out Reinhart.  

He's a floater who routinely plays way below his potential.

He cannot drive play and he lives and dies with the success of Jack. He should be moved, perhaps with other assets, for a group of assets in return. 

And can someone tell me why BOGO is playing on this team?

He's f-ing terrible and doesn't want to be here.

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, SwampD said:

They had a ton of scoring chances. All scoring chances are dangerous by definition. It's what they did with their chances that was the problem. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.