GDT: Buffalo at Ottawa, Dec. 23, 2019, 7:30 ET, MSG, WGR

Doohickie

4 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

What exactly are you and fans like you waiting for exactly?

He’s exactly what he’s going to be. A very good (if not the best) passer on the team. An average skater (exaggerating fans like to say slow) . Sees the ice very well. Quietly gets his points. Did you know he got two points last game? It’s ok, neither does most fans when they look for fast flashy sick dekes from a top line player.

He’s not gonna be a dominate line driver. He’s not gonna be a physical player. He’s not gonna wow fans with sick crazy goals. He’s the straw that stirs the drink on any line he plays on.

Now, granted, he could be better in the goalzzz dept. for sure! But whether some care to admit it or not, he’s having a nice (key word) season points wise.

He’s also the kind of player, that if he’s having an “off” game (like every single player has) its very noticeable.

Thats my opinion for what it’s worth.

I guess I exaggerated since I said he is playing slow.   

Playing with Eichel opens up possibilities.  I expect more goals from him being on Eichel’s line and on the first PP.  

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Z with some surprising touch.

Probably more lucky than good, but drive to the net and good things happen.

I thought that too, had to be a fair bit of luck. 

But if that was the exact same play but say Marchand and Pastrnak instead, it would be on the highlights of the night on TSN. 

Not just the goal, the flip pass 

It was actually so nice. 

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.