Practice Lines 12/22/19

Brawndo

I think Skinner and Vesey are starting to form some chemistry.  Mojo is adequate, if not very exciting, between them.  We really need a true 2C, but for now this is okay.

Lazar is one of my favorite pickups.  He on the offense and Gilmour on defense:  very good depth acquisitions.

Edited by Doohickie

16 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Bogo and Dahlin at the start of last season was hailed as smart, no?

Or am I nuts for the 100th time this week?

I can’t remember what Bogo looked like on the ice last season, but he’s painfully slow right now. He can’t keep up with the other guys on the ice and it’s even affecting his decision-making — when he seems overwhelmed by how fast things are happening around him. It’s tough to watch. 

In other news, all I want for Christmas is for Eichel and Johansson to trade spots. We need more than one scoring line. And if we’re about to extend Reinhart and Olofsson, it’d be nice to know what they can do when they’re NOT on a line with a superstar...

For those who want to shake up Eichel's line with Eichel on a historic personal point streak, wouldn't that be coaching malpractice? RaKru apparently doesn't believe in doing extraordinary things to get a player "going" or doesn't feel inclined to do Jeff a favor based on his work ethic, attitude, etc. But, again, why would he risk cooling Eichel off?

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

For those who want to shake up Eichel's line with Eichel on a historic personal point streak, wouldn't that be coaching malpractice? RaKru apparently doesn't believe in doing extraordinary things to get a player "going" or doesn't feel inclined to do Jeff a favor based on his work ethic, attitude, etc. But, again, why would he risk cooling Eichel off?

The streak ended 

Our 6 best D right now are (in no particular order) Dahlin, Risto, Scandella, Joker, McCabe and Montour.  I’m sure this is going to change much given the nice chemistry between Joker and Scandy.  

Interestingly, the Sabres are 6-2-3 in games Bogo has played and he has been a + player overall playing 18:40 a night.

Montour has come into some disfavor with RK.  He has played 13 and 11 minutes his last 2 games.   

19 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Well, we’re currently on pace to barely miss the playoffs. If RaKru’s job is to get us into the playoffs, then a lot of things should still be on the table, risky or not. And putting Eichel back with Skinner to see if Olofsson and Reinhart can keep it going on their own isn’t too risky considering how last year went. 

Alternatively, they could keep Olofsson and Eichel together and move Reinhart to Skinner’s line. Maybe even at center. I mean, why not?

3 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Montour has come into some disfavor with RK.  He has played 13 and 11 minutes his last 2 games.   

I think it has something to do with Montour playing forward when they skate 11-7.  Montour is the one he tries to keep fresh because if they need offense late in the game he can do it from the wing or from D.

19 minutes ago, Robviously said:

Well, we’re currently on pace to barely miss the playoffs. If RaKru’s job is to get us into the playoffs, then a lot of things should still be on the table, risky or not. And putting Eichel back with Skinner to see if Olofsson and Reinhart can keep it going on their own isn’t too risky considering how last year went. 

Alternatively, they could keep Olofsson and Eichel together and move Reinhart to Skinner’s line. Maybe even at center. I mean, why not?

Or how 'bout Skinner-Eichel-Asplund (or maybe Okposso) and a second line of Olofsson-Mojo-Reino?  I know it wasn't the best line when Eich was out, but if Eich's back that line could make a decent second line.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.