Curtis Lazar Called Up

Brawndo

25 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Called back up again today 

24 minutes ago, WildCard said:

lmao

Eh, if he's on a 1 way contract would've allowed him to spend Christmas with his family.  If, not, kind of cruel to give him a 90% payout for the holiday.

And, they might want his size as the 11th F vs the Bruins rather than Sheary or Rodrigues in that role.  He's been pretty effective on the PK along with Asplund.  Would be my preference against a team that plays as physical as Bah-stan.

12 hours ago, Taro T said:

So, there was no true downside for him to not be spending Christmas in a hotel room.  Good on Botterill to let him be home for the holiday.

How far is Rochester from Buffalo?  Is his family even in Rochester?  The players have a few days off around the holidays specifically so they can travel to be with family.  He would have been able to do that regardless of whether he was in the AHL or the NHL.

2 hours ago, Curt said:

How far is Rochester from Buffalo?  Is his family even in Rochester?  The players have a few days off around the holidays specifically so they can travel to be with family.  He would have been able to do that regardless of whether he was in the AHL or the NHL.

Exactly. 
no need for the dramatics and made up stories of being torn away from his poor family and forced to spend Christmas In a hotel room watching The Christmas Story on repeat all day while eating stale Christmas cookies out of a box and crying into the box of rough tissues from the bathroom while his kids and wife FaceTime him showing him play by play of all the presents they got. 

(the preceding was a dramatic reenactment for effect and not based in any true reality whatsoever) 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

He was probably just sent down on paper for cap reasons. 

The team is using LTIR and he fits under their adjusted cap, so there were no cap savings at all.  It could've been as simple as they thought Larsson would be ready to play and didn't want to use both Asplund and Lazar on the "throw something together" line after the way both Sheary and Rodrigues had their best game in about a month against the Otters (not a high bar to have overcome) and also wanted Lazar playing in Ra-cha-cha last night.

Or, they were trying to do right by him.  

25 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

I wonder what it is that players like ER stay up and CL doesn’t? I’ve never been enamored with ERod. Hopefully Curtis can get some meaningful minutes. Classy kid, works hard. He deserves it

It’s interesting how this place has adjusted its reactions to erod.  He was the latest boy wonder for a couple of seasons here.  I never understood the charm.  He’s currently what he always was to my eye.

Lazar is no better.  Different game.  Maybe we need the bigger game in the lineup.  But he’s not really any more effective than erod.

We definitely need better than both on the roster.

5 minutes ago, Weave said:

It’s interesting how this place has adjusted its reactions to erod.  He was the latest boy wonder for a couple of seasons here.  I never understood the charm.  He’s currently what he always was to my eye.

Lazar is no better.  Different game.  Maybe we need the bigger game in the lineup.  But he’s not really any more effective than erod.

We definitely need better than both on the roster.

Not sure if it was you or Webster or somebody else that pointed out this team would be good when Rodrigues is the 13th forward.  He's been reduced to ~11 and the Sabres are getting close to relevant. 

Won't speak for anyone else, but liked E-Rod for 3 reasons: he was always hungry and moving full speed whenever out there; he was their most versatile F and stepped into any role, without complaint, if not well, at least adequately and without looking woefully out of place; and tend to like cheering for the underdog/ little guy (guys like Gare, Snuggerud, Briere, Mickey, Gionta, & Plante have always been fun to cheer for when they do something that warrants it).

But this year, probably due to improvements in the rest of the F corps, he has looked out of place more often than not.  Not sure if it was that or his simply not going 100% all the time, which he didn't seem to do until his last couple of games, for why he's looked noticeably out of place.  But it actually is a good thing that he has been seeming out of place.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Not sure if it was you or Webster or somebody else that pointed out this team would be good when Rodrigues is the 13th forward.  He's been reduced to ~11 and the Sabres are getting close to relevant. 

Won't speak for anyone else, but liked E-Rod for 3 reasons: he was always hungry and moving full speed whenever out there; he was their most versatile F and stepped into any role, without complaint, if not well, at least adequately and without looking woefully out of place; and tend to like cheering for the underdog/ little guy (guys like Gare, Snuggerud, Briere, Mickey, Gionta, & Plante have always been fun to cheer for when they do something that warrants it).

But this year, probably due to improvements in the rest of the F corps, he has looked out of place more often than not.  Not sure if it was that or his simply not going 100% all the time, which he didn't seem to do until his last couple of games, for why he's looked noticeably out of place.  But it actually is a good thing that he has been seeming out of place.

I was one that was saying we'll be good when he's our 13th forward, but I don't think I was alone in the thought, and I can't say I went above my abilities and had it as an original thought.

And you lost me at Snuggledude.  He's another one I was against the grain on.  That guy so badly needed to be upgraded.

Edited by Weave

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.