WTF! No game day thread? The boys are in Filly tonight (12/19/19) at 7ET

Hank

18 minutes ago, inkman said:

I think it really depends on how you root. If you cheer like a normal person, when your team does good things. I don't see a problem. If you are one of these "I need to clap in everyone's face extra long and extra loud pirouetting at your seat making gestures at opposing fans, you get what you deserve. 

I say this because every away game I watch a good portion of the fans do this. It pains me as a fan of Buffalo sports that this is what my peers do whilst at the games. Try to have some class. 

At least you won’t have to worry about buying beer and snacks. Philly fans will have them waiting for you.

• Haha (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, inkman said:

I think it really depends on how you root. If you cheer like a normal person, when your team does good things. I don't see a problem. If you are one of these "I need to clap in everyone's face extra long and extra loud pirouetting at your seat making gestures at opposing fans, you get what you deserve. 

I say this because every away game I watch a good portion of the fans do this. It pains me as a fan of Buffalo sports that this is what my peers do whilst at the games. Try to have some class. 

That's going to depend on the building.  There are certain places where the number of stone-headed morons is just too high and it doesn't matter how you act.  I'm guessing Philly is one of those.  Boston definitely is.  Hell, last time I was in that arena they were even harassing the hell out of my wife and she was wearing a Bruins shirt.

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Yes -- it's a good perk.  (I also get center ice via Verizon.)  If you have a roku or other streaming device, you can get all the games via the NHL app.  Alternatively, you can just watch them on a computer.  You have to dig around a bit for the "link to cable provider" page (or something like that), but it's there.

This looks to be where you have to go: https://www.nhl.com/activate

21 minutes ago, SabresBaltimore said:

This looks to be where you have to go: https://www.nhl.com/activate

And for anyone else like me who wants to watch it that has NHL.tv or Center ice, I think this is the feed: https://www.nhl.com/tv/2019020405/221-2003735/70130703#game=2019020405

There are 2 parts just after the first and second periods.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mustache of God said:

Don't touch Eichels line during his point streak. 

Would  eventually be interested to see what Oloffsson is capable of not a line with Jack 5v5

What exactly has Reinhart done to solidify his spot on Eichel's wing?   

For a guy who was touted as a cerebral player who "sees the ice well" he has only 6 primary assists at even strength in 34 games, 2 on the power play.   That's underwhelming IMO, especially playing with snipers like Olofsson and Eichel.      I'd rather move Reinhart off that line instead of Olofsson.

Skinner has shown a knack for cleaning up around the net... Olofsson and Eichel are shooters, from everywhere...  let them do their thing and Skinner can hang around the net and clean up.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

For a guy who was touted as a cerebral player who "sees the ice well" he has only 6 primary assists at even strength in 34 games, 2 on the power play.   That's underwhelming IMO, especially playing with snipers like Olofsson and Eichel.      I'd rather move Reinhart off that line instead of Olofsson.

Skinner has shown a knack for cleaning up around the net... Olofsson and Eichel are shooters, from everywhere...  let them do their thing and Skinner can hang around the net and clean up.

I happen to agree with this. Moving Skinner up to the Eichel line would most certainly increase scoring given everything you've pointed out here.

30 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

I don't disagree with any of this. I'm simply curious to see what Oloffsson can do on a line without Eichel. From my observation, Sam makes a lot of nice touches as a secondary assist to create the play that leads to a goal. I think the real question is "Who of Sam or Victor can come off the 1st line and provide more impact to the 2nd line?"

The argument I've heard against keeping Skinner off of Eichel's wing is that you'll kill your secondary scoring, but how can you kill something that's already ***** dead? 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, shrader said:

Are they though?  It's early, but this is shaping up to be a season where the atlantic (*****, I still want to say northeast) only gets 3 playoff teams.  That could wind up being a really tough spot because we all know Tampa and Toronto are capable of climbing up the standings.

Make it easy now that there's only 4 divisions - just call it the Adams and everybody knows what you mean. ?

And also glad to see Filly was spelled properly in the thread title.  ?

And, ***** the Phlyers.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.