WTF! No game day thread? The boys are in Filly tonight (12/19/19) at 7ET

Hank

11 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

JBOT, time to ***** or get fired from the pot. Do something to help this team.

I think he's been afraid to do anything ever since getting fleeced in the O'Reilly trade. If that's the case, then it's time to put him out of his misery for the good of the franchise. The next GM needs to be someone with proven experience.

2 minutes ago, Marchand'sNose said:

I think he's been afraid to do anything ever since getting fleeced in the O'Reilly trade. If that's the case, then it's time to put him out of his misery for the good of the franchise. The next GM needs to be someone with proven experience.

Incoming "but he traded Guhle" post

Well, I find that to be rather un-encouraging from Krueger on Eichel. No info, said update tomorrow. Wouldn't give any specifics. He mentioned something in the warm-ups, but wouldn't confirm it happened IN the warm-up.

I'm thinking concussion symptoms presenting. 

A second really disinterested, soft game in a row!  Great.  The work ethic problems continue under their 4th (5th?) coach. 

Connor Sheary you suck so bad.

Reinhart you are such a floater.  No way in hell do you get the big K and I hope to God they move you for equal value this year.

Carter Hutton you aren't even a solid backup these days.

Sobotka!  I haven't forgotten about you!  You aren't sneaking by just because you are out of the lineup!  This is still all your fault!

I've been asking for over a year now and I will continue to ask: how long do we have to endure this before Botterill gets fired?

And when he is gone, why should we think Pegula will get the next hire correct?

If you're Pegula, how much longer do you want Botterill F-ing this ***** show up?  

It's hard to believe we are still this bad after being this bad for so long.  The cavalry never arrived.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Thorny said:

Well, I find that to be rather un-encouraging from Krueger on Eichel. No info, said update tomorrow. Wouldn't give any specifics. He mentioned something in the warm-ups, but wouldn't confirm it happened IN the warm-up.

So essentially it looks like they worked Dreger and Vogl with the flu story to cover for what was really wrong. Always a great idea to outright lie to the media to make them cynical and not believe anything you tell them.

22 minutes ago, Marchand'sNose said:

I've written this sentiment virtually word for word a few times now.

His failure to act is going to cost us another playoff-less season.

22 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Jack being held out for a possible trade request ala BOGO (as I duck and show myself out).

Jack was here when Jason got here.

Games like this are an important reminder of the roster Jason set out to put around him, after three offseasons of work. 

I spent all of my anger and emotion on this fact months ago, and feel complete indifference today. Didn't even check the score of the game until 20 minutes ago. 

Thank god for the Bills, because I've never felt less for the Sabres since I've known what they are

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Eichel

Dahlin 

I could not care less if everyone else was traded for players with a little less talent but a ton more determination. I have no attachment to any of the other players thus the selling of my tickets the last 15 games

I’m getting there. I’m emotionally invested in this team only because I always have been. It’s literally more out of habit than love. I honestly don’t understand why I continue to back a loser in the Sabres other than the fact I’ve always been loyal to a fault. But my f¥c£ it reflex is so damn close to kicking in. Terry get someone to improve this fricken roster. F¥c£ !

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Games like this are an important reminder of the roster Jason set out to put around him, after three offseasons of work. 

I spent all of my anger and emotion on this fact months ago, and feel complete indifference today. Didn't even check the score of the game until 20 minutes ago. 

Thank god for the Bills, because I've never felt less for the Sabres since I've known what they are

I've been able to take a lot of joy out of Eichel's ascension this season. The problem is, if he's not in there...well, we see what the team looks like. 

18 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

This is exactly, and i mean exactly where i am. This team means nothing to me right now and turned it off at 2-0

17 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

And the worst part is that he isn't going anywhere for the next several years because he has conned our horrible ownership into believing he knows what he is doing when every shred of evidence says the exact opposite

I thought this was a 1 line team. Little did I know it was a 1 player team.

You know, some teams lose their big star at the last moment and they dig deep and come out with a hard effort. Then there's the Sabres, who clearly got the news and decided oh well, f this, no point in showing up here. 

When the captain's out, isn't some other "core" member supposed to step up and lead? Can all the Samson lovers finally admit that he isn't worth top line money, and isn't really worth keeping around at all? I mean that's his moment. Where was he? No coattail to ride, no effort. 

I might have to bring back the dumpster fire avi. 

Only entertaining thing of the night was the Ray Domi intermissions. At least that was fun to watch.

2 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

I know people hate bringing it up, but the ROR trade set us back 3 years easy...

Signing ROR and getting nothing in return set Sabres back 3 years easy... I still think despite his talent he wasn't a good fit in Buffalo.  In addition, loading up on D with no offense is a problem and drafting Casey, as skilled as he is, the drive isn't there.  Sabres need to analyze drive as well as talent... Cozens seems to have it... ok, who in this year's draft has it and is there anyone else that can be signed or traded for that has talent and drive?  Need guys besides Jack that are self motivated... Sam is way too demur...  Without Jack expect Sabres to head straight to the bottom.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.