WTF! No game day thread? The boys are in Filly tonight (12/19/19) at 7ET

Hank

31 minutes ago, miles said:

I was able to go back to the game it originally aired on using nhl.tv. 

When it was live that day I got national coverage,  not the sabres feed. However when I went back, it was the full sabres feed and I was able to see it

Sadly I have Center Ice through Verizon so that's not an option for me. I think they said they were going to air it again, but really I just want them to post it on YouTube or Facebook like they have with some of the other stuff. Hopefully they will eventually.

2 minutes ago, SabresBaltimore said:

Sadly I have Center Ice through Verizon so that's not an option for me. I think they said they were going to air it again, but really I just want them to post it on YouTube or Facebook like they have with some of the other stuff. Hopefully they will eventually.

i was surprised it wasnt aired in the blue and gold section on the sabres site. 

1 hour ago, miles said:

if my headache goes away, i might go tonight. philly is like 40 minutes from my work. i cant believe i forgot they were in town. i dont even have any of my sabres shirts to wear.

maybe i will run home at lunch to get my non work clothes. god only knows what will get thrown on me rooting for the sabres in philly. 

guess i will hit stub hub to see if anyone is trying to dump tix cheap

I've been to a few games here, it's generally not too bad. Some ribbing but nothing too bad. I was walking around with a friend in a Philly Roenick jersey, so that may have softened it some.

46 minutes ago, SabresBaltimore said:

If you get it through Verizon, you get the online package free -- and the online package usually has both feeds available for previous games.

• Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MattPie said:

I've been to a few games here, it's generally not too bad. Some ribbing but nothing too bad. I was walking around with a friend in a Philly Roenick jersey, so that may have softened it some.

Maybe I'm way off base, but it seems in hockey the opposing teams fans set the tone for the night.  Well mannered and respectful get treated the same in re-turn.

I'm speaking with a broad brush and I'm sure their are a small percentage of situations that do not support this, or maybe it's just wishful thinking.

3 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

If you get it through Verizon, you get the online package free -- and the online package usually has both feeds available for previous games.

Really? I didn't know that. I"ll have to look into that. I've debated switching over to nhl.tv, but I like to be able to DVR the games. That would make what I have the best of both worlds.

17 minutes ago, SabresBaltimore said:

Really? I didn't know that. I"ll have to look into that. I've debated switching over to nhl.tv, but I like to be able to DVR the games. That would make what I have the best of both worlds.

Yes -- it's a good perk.  (I also get center ice via Verizon.)  If you have a roku or other streaming device, you can get all the games via the NHL app.  Alternatively, you can just watch them on a computer.  You have to dig around a bit for the "link to cable provider" page (or something like that), but it's there.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I hate seeing Skinner with Erod and Sheary.   A 40 goal scorer playing with 2 throw away players, ridiculous!

He should be playing with Johansson and Asplund

Skinner should be on the same line as Eichel. That was the whole reason for signing him to that gigantic contract.

Sheary, Vesey, and Rodrigues better be off this roster by May.

==============================================================
BUF even strength goal differential through 35 games = 11
BUF even strength minutes played through 35 games = 1766.0
TRpm(team relative +/-) is the diff btwn actual+/- and exp+/-
exp+/- is a function of %min played at ES and team ES goal diff
%min is % of ES minutes played
Team  Player                   TRpm    GP    +/-  exp+/-  %min
BUF Jack Eichel               10.22    35    14    3.78   34.4
BUF Marco Scandella            7.57    27    10    2.43   22.1
BUF Jimmy Vesey                5.70    32     8    2.30   20.9
BUF Johan Larsson              3.56    32     6    2.44   22.2
BUF Rasmus Ristolainen         2.99    35     7    4.01   36.4
BUF Brandon Montour            2.84    21     5    2.16   19.6
BUF Victor Olofsson            2.73    35     6    3.27   29.7
BUF Zach Bogosian              1.01    10     2    0.99    9.0
BUF Vladimir Sobotka           0.75    16     2    1.25   11.3
BUF Rasmus Asplund             0.05    17     1    0.95    8.6
BUF Conor Sheary              -0.08    29     2    2.08   18.9
BUF Henri Jokiharju           -0.33    35     3    3.33   30.3
BUF Kyle Okposo               -0.64    25     1    1.64   14.9
BUF Zemgus Girgensons         -1.24    35     1    2.24   20.4
BUF Rasmus Dahlin             -1.60    27     1    2.60   23.6
BUF Sam Reinhart              -4.64    35    -1    3.64   33.1
BUF Jake McCabe               -5.50    33    -2    3.50   31.8
BUF Marcus Johansson          -5.52    28    -3    2.52   22.9
BUF Evan Rodrigues            -6.15    19    -5    1.15   10.4
BUF Casey Mittelstadt         -7.12    31    -5    2.12   19.3
BUF Colin Miller              -8.49    26    -6    2.49   22.6
BUF Jeff Skinner              -9.02    35    -6    3.02   27.5

vs

PHI even strength goal differential through 34 games = 4
PHI even strength minutes played through 34 games = 1717.85
TRpm(team relative +/-) is the diff btwn actual+/- and exp+/-
exp+/- is a function of %min played at ES and team ES goal diff
%min is % of ES minutes played
Team  Player                   TRpm    GP    +/-  exp+/-  %min
PHI Philippe Myers            13.34    18    14    0.66   16.4
PHI Sean Couturier             6.81    34     8    1.19   29.8
PHI Claude Giroux              5.81    34     7    1.19   29.7
PHI Ivan Provorov              4.48    34     6    1.52   38.1
PHI Jakub Voracek              3.92    34     5    1.08   27.0
PHI Oskar Lindblom             3.04    30     4    0.96   24.1
PHI James van Riemsdyk         3.03    34     4    0.97   24.3
PHI Matt Niskanen              1.64    34     3    1.36   33.9
PHI Travis Konecny             1.00    31     2    1.00   25.1
PHI Travis Sanheim             0.62    34     2    1.38   34.6
PHI Scott Laughton            -0.56    19     0    0.56   14.1
PHI Mikhail Vorobyev          -1.23    11    -1    0.23    5.7
PHI Joel Farabee              -1.80    27    -1    0.80   20.0
PHI Carsen Twarynski          -2.36    15    -2    0.36    9.1
PHI Morgan Frost              -2.38    14    -2    0.38    9.4
PHI Shayne Gostisbehere       -3.11    31    -2    1.11   27.8
PHI Tyler Pitlick             -3.63    28    -3    0.63   15.8
PHI Robert Hagg               -3.65    20    -3    0.65   16.2
PHI Michael Raffl             -4.69    28    -4    0.69   17.2
PHI Chris Stewart             -5.25    13    -5    0.25    6.3
PHI Kevin Hayes               -9.17    34    -8    1.17   29.2
PHI Justin Braun             -13.20    34   -12    1.20   30.1

Edited by pi2000

52 minutes ago, Marchand'sNose said:

Skinner should be on the same line as Eichel. That was the whole reason for signing him to that gigantic contract.

Sheary, Vesey, and Rodrigues better be off this roster by May.

Don't touch Eichels line during his point streak. 

Would  eventually be interested to see what Oloffsson is capable of not a line with Jack 5v5

1 hour ago, woods-racer said:

Maybe I'm way off base, but it seems in hockey the opposing teams fans set the tone for the night.  Well mannered and respectful get treated the same in re-turn.

I'm speaking with a broad brush and I'm sure their are a small percentage of situations that do not support this, or maybe it's just wishful thinking.

generally this is true, but not always. i have had 2 examples of me being an away fan where there were people looking for trouble (both were baseball though)

the first was at red sox vs yankees ALCS game in NY. a guy tried to pick a fight with me as i was walking to my seat. the game had not even started yet. thankfully there was a cop (not security) right there and got the guy to calm himself.

The other was at a phillies vs somebody game. I had partial season tickets to the phillies, but i am a red sox fan. i always wore my red sox hat to the games. i would wear phillies shirts though. I was standing in line getting something and some guy came up to me an made a comment about my hat saying like you need to take that hat off here. i forget exactly. i just ignored him and he stood there for a minute and realized i wasnt going to give him anything back, so he left. 

there have been a few times where fans would comment about whatever team i was watching (sabres, red sox, who ever) looking to get something going. i have heard too many bad stories, so i just dont bother responding. You never know if that random person heckling you is looking for some fun or just completely crazy.  I also try to sit in the luxury box when i go to flyers games. they have very good security in those and they dont take no lip. They see how the fans react to each other, and will put a stop to hecklers right away. i had once where a guy was talking with me and making negative comments. i was trying to ignore him, i think he was drunk, and the security guard tapped him on the shoulder and made a gesture. the guy left after that, im not sure exactly what happened.  i didnt complain to anyone. i thought that was really great though. 

Edited by miles

3 hours ago, miles said:

if my headache goes away, i might go tonight. philly is like 40 minutes from my work. i cant believe i forgot they were in town. i dont even have any of my sabres shirts to wear.

maybe i will run home at lunch to get my non work clothes. god only knows what will get thrown on me rooting for the sabres in philly.

I think it really depends on how you root. If you cheer like a normal person, when your team does good things. I don't see a problem. If you are one of these "I need to clap in everyone's face extra long and extra loud pirouetting at your seat making gestures at opposing fans, you get what you deserve. 

I say this because every away game I watch a good portion of the fans do this. It pains me as a fan of Buffalo sports that this is what my peers do whilst at the games. Try to have some class. 

Just now, inkman said:

I think it really depends on how you root. If you cheer like a normal person, when your team does good things. I don't see a problem. If you are one of these "I need to clap in everyone's face extra long and extra loud pirouetting at your seat making gestures at opposing fans, you get what you deserve. 

I say this because every away game I watch a good portion of the fans do this. It pains me as a fan of Buffalo sports that this is what my peers do whilst at the games. Try to have some class. 

there are definitely away fans that are "looking for trouble".  I am quiet at games. i dont need any trouble. I have enough without having to look for more

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.