WTF! No game day thread? The boys are in Filly tonight (12/19/19) at 7ET

Hank

Works been busy lately, so I haven't had time to check in here much. It's been a bit up and down lately, thankfullly more up than down due to Eichel.

So in addition to rooting for a win tonight, I'm rooting for Eichel to tie the Game Point streak record.

I realized earlier this week the streak started for the Ottawa game I was in town for last month where Eichel got 4 goals. And now if he scores gets a point tonight it sets up Saturday's game (which I'll also be attending) to break the record. It'd be pretty awesome to be there at the start and be there if/when he breaks it.

Go Sabres!

Edited by SabresBaltimore
  • Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Pretty big game, Philly is our competitor for a playoff spot 

Are they though?  It's early, but this is shaping up to be a season where the atlantic (*****, I still want to say northeast) only gets 3 playoff teams.  That could wind up being a really tough spot because we all know Tampa and Toronto are capable of climbing up the standings.

• Like (+1) 1

cut.jpg

The Sabres are in Philadelphia tonight. They'll take on the Flyers at 7 p.m. at Wells Fargo Center. Pregame coverage on MSG will begin at 6:30. 

• Eichel enters tonight's game on a career-best 17-game point streak that began on Nov. 16. The streak is the longest recorded by an NHL player this season.
  • The streak is tied for the second-longest in franchise history and is the longest by a Sabre since Dave Andreychuk tallied points in 17 consecutive games from Oct. 18 to Nov. 14, 1992. Gilbert Perreault recorded an 18-game point streak in 1971-72.
  • And after scoring in each of Buffalo's last four games, Eichel is currently on the longest goal streak of his career. 
  • Eichel has totaled 11 points (8+3) in his 11 career games against Philadelphia, including at least a point in each of the last five meetings (5+2).
  • This is the first of three meetings between the Sabres and Flyers this season.
  • Last meeting: Philadelphia defeated Buffalo 5-2 in Philadelphia on Feb. 26.
  • Next meeting: Saturday, March 7 in Philadelphia
  • The Sabres are 3-6-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Flyers; 2-7-1 on the road.
  • Ray v. Domi' to re-air tonight

"Beyond Blue and Gold: Ray v. Domi" will air again during tonight's broadcast on MSG.

The two-part documentary sees former enforcers Rob Ray and Tie Domi sit down with Sabres alumnus Andrew Peters to watch all 13 of their NHL fights against each other. 

I'm annoyed about the Ray v. Domi thing. They should just post it online. I'm stuck with the Flier coverage tonight and won't be able to see it. Again

2 minutes ago, Zamboni said:
  • Ray v. Domi' to re-air tonight

"Beyond Blue and Gold: Ray v. Domi" will air again during tonight's broadcast on MSG.

The two-part documentary sees former enforcers Rob Ray and Tie Domi sit down with Sabres alumnus Andrew Peters to watch all 13 of their NHL fights against each other. 

if my headache goes away, i might go tonight. philly is like 40 minutes from my work. i cant believe i forgot they were in town. i dont even have any of my sabres shirts to wear.

maybe i will run home at lunch to get my non work clothes. god only knows what will get thrown on me rooting for the sabres in philly. 

guess i will hit stub hub to see if anyone is trying to dump tix cheap

17 minutes ago, SabresBaltimore said:

I'm annoyed about the Ray v. Domi thing. They should just post it online. I'm stuck with the Flier coverage tonight and won't be able to see it. Again

To bad, it's a good interview. When they end the interview all I wanted was another interview or for it to last another 20 minutes.

18 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

To bad, it's a good interview. When they end the interview all I wanted was another interview or for it to last another 20 minutes.

I was able to go back to the game it originally aired on using nhl.tv. 

When it was live that day I got national coverage,  not the sabres feed. However when I went back, it was the full sabres feed and I was able to see it

38 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Seeing Star Wars at 6 tonight, so I will miss this one 

NO SPOILERS. please. I'm seeing this on Christmas day and would like to be surprised.  

+++++++++++++++++++

Must defend the goal! Must put puck in net! Repeat! Repeat!

• Like (+1) 2

• nfreeman changed the title to WTF! No game day thread? The boys are in Filly tonight (12/19/19) at 7ET
5 minutes ago, ... said:

NO SPOILERS. please. I'm seeing this on Christmas day and would like to be surprised.  

+++++++++++++++++++

And I’m seeing it after Christmas before the end of the month. So yea, NO SPOILERS please and thank you.

I would go 11-7 and sit Sheary 

20 minutes ago, ... said:

+++++++++++++++++++

13 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

And I’m seeing it after Christmas before the end of the month. So yea, NO SPOILERS please and thank you.

You’re safe 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.