Favorite Christmas song

PASabreFan

23 minutes ago, shrader said:

I heard Santa Baby the other day and a question suddenly popped into my head.  "How in the hell do I actually know that this is Eartha Kitt?"  She's well before my time and I really only know her as Catwoman.  And it's not a song I really care about either way.  So why did I so quickly identify her as the singer?

Perhaps you had her once in an airplane bathroom? 

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Thanks, it really is the song, though. I think you could play it on vuvuzelas and it would still be beautiful.

I've played bass.  The legit kind and even the electric kind.  What you did there is not easy.

Edited by Eleven
  • Thanks (+1) 1

O Holy Night, Silent Night/Stille Nacht, Carol of the Bells, While Shepherds Watched, and What Child is This are all up there for me. I like the moodier ones that are good for drinking cocoa and reading/writing while snow falls and a fire burns. Album-wise: Tony Bennett's Snowfall, Elvis's original album, George Winston's December, and Vince Guaraldi Trio's Charlie Brown, and the outlier Christmas Sing Along with Mitch.

But I also unashamedly have these on my xmas playlist:

Wesley Willis - Merry Christmas
Wesley Willis - The Chicken Cow
MST3K - Let's Have a Patrick Swayze Christmas
Run DMC - Christmas in Hollis
Ani DiFranco - Welcome To
And a large swath of Jeremy Soule's soundtrack to Skyrim

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.