GDT Dec 17 2019 Sabres @ Leafs. 7pm ET. NBCSN

steveoath

8 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Skinner's frustration should be a story. And on that rush where Dahlin tried to dipsy doodle, the frustration after the whistle wasn't because Skinner was stoned or anything.

I’d be perfectly fine if Skinner was attached to any deal.  He’s such a whiny little brat.  I can see why Carolina got rid of him for next to nothing.  

Just now, Sidc3000 said:

If they didn’t listen street the first period, what makes you think they will after the second?

They’re obviously outmatched. We’re carrying so much deadweight. Maybe he can help them play above themselves but I don’t expect it. I’m seeing too many guys coast into our zone while the leafs put on a clinic .

2 minutes ago, John Tucker said:

I’d be perfectly fine if Skinner was attached to any deal.  He’s such a whiny little brat.  I can see why Carolina got rid of him for next to nothing.  

Sorry, but don't see that happening, especially with his new contract.  The coaching staff refuses to put him into a position to be successful, which is with a good center, whether it be Jack or whoever.  Pairing Skinner with Erod is not a recipe for success.  He's  proven goal scorer when coupled with a decent center.

1 minute ago, Nitro60 said:

I would take a bag of pucks and eat half the contract.  He is a shadow of his former self.  

Ignoring the pucks comment. 
Eating half his salary on a cap strapped team, and try to get as good a player back. Good luck with that. I agree he’s a shadow of his former self. I just don’t think most fans who want him off the team, truly think it through, and consider all the logical facts regarding his age, injury history, and salary/cap hit. He’s almost unmovable. Unfortunately. 

14 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Had Dahlin stopped that it would have been an amazing play 

Agree. He’s getting ripped a lot for it right now but I don’t really know what else he’s supposed to do there and he didn’t look out of position watching it live, Sheary just got walked. 

It was a nice try. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, John Tucker said:

You really think Botterill has the credibility to ship out a player he just convinced his boss to pay big money to a few months ago?  How is that conversation gonna go? 

3 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Sorry, but don't see that happening, especially with his new contract.  The coaching staff refuses to put him into a position to be successful, which is with a good center, whether it be Jack or whoever.  Pairing Skinner with Erod is not a recipe for success.  He's  proven goal scorer when coupled with a decent center.

He seemed to be fine with Johansson the first 10 games.

1 minute ago, Carmel Corn said:

Ralphs mismanagement of Skinnys skillset is crazy. The leafs coach has no problem throwing Tavares, marner and  mathews out for a power trio . Ralph won’t budge which is either arrogance or a coaching weakness. Ralph knows better I suppose.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.